Caltech is owned and run by professional land surveyors and project managers passionate about providing industry-leading service. Our company has grown from just two people in 1990 to a large and diverse group of over 150 hardworking innovators who continually strive to be better. While we pride ourselves on using some of the latest and best technology and software, it is our people who enable us to complete projects to the highest standard of excellence our customers expect.
We are now looking for a Business Development Representative to add to our dynamic and collaborative team!
The Business Development Representative will assist in the development, implementation, support and execution of Caltech's Business Development Strategies, initiatives, and related activities. They will be responsible for sourcing and securing new customers and work within a team environment to pursue new business opportunities in the market segments that have been identified as key priorities for growth.
We offer a challenging and rewarding workplace, and provide excellent pay, a generous bonus structure, a comprehensive benefits package and many opportunities for growth. We understand the importance of work/life balance and strive to create strong teams that can take on any project. We use the most current technology and we have made professional career development a key part of our strategic plan.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Prospect new clients through Linked In, networking and referrals to develop new business, and serve as the lead point for customer management matters.
- Attend, participate, host and represent Caltech at tradeshows and industry events.
- Build a positive reputation and continue a high level of customer satisfaction through long lasting customer relationships.
- Work jointly with Provincial Directors to identify and grow opportunities within territories as directed and assigned.
- Assist operations to manage existing client relationships and to identify new business opportunities with existing clients.
- Maintain regular communication with internal team members though reports, email updates, phone calls, and trackers
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, and establishing personal networks
- Comply with administration and reporting requirements.
- Other duties and projects may be assigned.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- 5+ years of sales or business development experience
- Experience in Engineering, Construction, or ECPM firms and specific knowledge of midstream and pipeline industry is a huge asset.
- A valid Drivers License and a Clear Drivers Abstract. Travel will be required.
- A positive attitude and an ability to effectively build professional business relationships across a wide range of industries and stakeholders
- Professional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven negotiation, presentation, selling and closing skills.
- Proven ability to work independently, while being a team player to the greater sales team.
- Must exude an enthusiastic, passionate and optimistic attitude
- Must be driven & determined to achieve sales targets, resilient and not easily discouraged
- Must be able to work remotely effectively and efficiently
- Ability to listen to the needs of the customer and while abiding by the company standards
Interested in hearing more? Send your resume and let's chat!
We are committed to establishing and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace, particularly for those who have been historically excluded from and underrepresented in the workplace. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, including indigenous peoples, persons of colour, persons with disabilities, women in under-represented roles, 2SLGBTQ+ persons, and all groups protected by the Human Rights Code.