Job Requisition Id: 161846
Business Function: Sales
Primary City: Montréal
Employment Type: Full-Time
Employment Status: Permanent
Language Requirement: Bilingual Imperative (BBBB)
Employee Class and Level: SL 06
Working Hours: 40 hours / week
Number of Vacancies: 1
Job Closing Date (MM/DD/YYYY): 12/25/2022
All qualified candidates will be considered however preference will be given to Indigenous people (First Nations, Metis or Inuit) or persons with a disability. This is a special measure employment equity initiative and candidates from this group who wish to qualify for preferential consideration must self-identify.
The Representative contributes to the achievement of individual performance goals and team targets by selling business solutions to assigned customers and prospects within a designated industry sector, geographical area or line of business. The Business Solutions Representative utilizes superior communication skills and product and service knowledge to identify value added customer solutions that are aligned with Canada Post sales strategies and address customer business drivers. In collaboration with Canada Post internal contacts, the Business Solutions Representative assesses customer risk and growth potential and develops appropriate sales contracts, and action plans to maintain and grow sales revenue.
Below are the main job requirements and responsibilities for the Representative.
- Using consultative selling techniques, the Representative is directly accountable for achieving or exceeding individual revenue targets and National Customer Value Index (CVI) targets. The customer base consists of customers within a designated industry, geographical area, or line of business, that generate, or have the potential to generate, a minimum pre-defined revenue.
- Develops an annual sales plan aligned to achieve sales quota, and initiates adjustments to the plan as required to achieve targets. The Representative monitors the sales cycle activities and performance indicators to determine the long term potential of individual clients, and to develop customer specific action plans to win additional business.
- Through the establishment of relationships with key decision-makers in all areas of the customer’s business, the Representative decides on the appropriate solution fit by identifying and assessing the customer’s business needs, by creating ways to engage and keep the customer’s interest during the selling process, and by promoting the superior value and benefits of Canada Post’s products and services.
- Consults with internal Canada Post contacts to assess customer risk and growth potential, and uses knowledge of trends as well as the customer’s financial condition and business plan to develop appropriate sales contracts based on cost benefit analysis of the sales opportunity. Monitors and reviews customer sales contracts and adjusts contract type and level as required.
- Maintains regular contact, and works in partnership with internal Canada Post contacts to facilitate customer problem resolution, and to develop strategies and implement specific action plans to minimize shortfalls and maintain and grow sales revenue.
- Prepares and delivers effective presentations internally and externally and is responsible for writing successful sales proposals and businesses cases, and effective internal communications.
- Ensures all sales call activity information is captured, maintained and updated in the corporate database system, including customer contact information, market and competitive intelligence and the like.
- Gains and maintains knowledge and understanding of Canada Post products and services and their value proposition in order to sell both innovative and appropriate solutions which add value to customer's business operations and to increase cross-sell and up-sell sales opportunities. In addition, the Business Solutions Representative must have knowledge of Canada Post’s operations and delivery processes, as well as knowledge of the customer’s industry sector and the competitive market.
- Post Secondary Degree/Diploma (Equivalent experience, as defined below, may be accepted in lieu of a Post Secondary Degree/Diploma)
- Not Applicable
- Minimum 4 years of Commercial business to business sales experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e. understand the major features of each software application)
Other Candidate Requirements
- Possess a valid provincial drivers license
- Automobile required
- Anticipated staffing. This posting could be used to create a pool to establish an eligibility list for future roles.
- This position requires an intermediate (BBBB) level bilingualism, both oral and written.
Safety Sensitive Positions
This position may be considered a Safety Sensitive position.
Canada Post will represent Canada’s diversity and provide a safe and welcoming workplace that embraces and celebrates our differences. We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from women, Indigenous People, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
Disability is defined as a persistent or episodic physical, sensory, or mental health condition and/or functional limitation. Disability includes both visible and hidden conditions and/or limitations that may impact vision, hearing, mobility, flexibility, dexterity, pain, learning, developmental, mental/psychological, and memory.
CONFLICT OF INTEREST
The Conflict of Interest Policy prohibits employees from hiring, supervising or reporting to, directly or indirectly via the reporting hierarchy, their immediate family or close personal relations. Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human Resources representative.
Canada Post is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you have any restrictions that need to be accommodated. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as Canada Post cannot make assumptions about your education and experience. We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Decision Making – A champion of the organization who takes calculated risks and makes prudent, common sense decisions about current issues, future opportunities and resource requirements in a timely, well thought out manner, that aligns with the corporation's best interests.
Accountability – An individual who strives for performance excellence and who holds themselves and direct reports accountable for decisions and actions and for learning from mistakes when intended results are not achieved.
Business Orientation – A proactive individual who understands the competitive nature of the business, and is committed to sustaining the business through excellent customer service and new business opportunities.
Execution – A focused and self-motivated individual who acts with a sense of urgency and delivers on time and within budget, by dealing effectively with challenges and ambiguous situations.
Leading People – A compelling communicator and leader who engages, motivates and inspires others to achieve results and who encourages personal growth and finding better ways of doing things.
We value diversity as an essential part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future. We believe that attracting, developing, and retaining people who reflect the diversity of Canada is essential to our success because this matters to all communities and customers we serve.
Canada Post’s corporate values reflect the principles, beliefs and aspirations that guide our behaviour and shape our culture.
Safety – We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for all our stakeholders.
Customer – We serve Canadians with pride and passion.
Respect – We treat each other with fairness and respect.
Integrity – We act responsibly and with integrity.
Transformation – We will innovate and transform to win in the marketplace.
Job Segment: Customer Service Representative, QC, Database, Customer Service, Quality, Technology, Bilingual