Who we are:
Scarborough Health Network is a leading community teaching health network, consisting of three hospitals and eight satellite sites in Scarborough, one of the most diverse communities in Canada. Our Foundation works with generous donors, volunteers and community members to raise funds for state-of-the-art infrastructure and medical technology to support the hospital's mission to improve lives through exceptional care.
SHN Foundation is raising the profile of our hospitals through the Love, Scarborough marketing and fundraising campaign. The extraordinary success of Love, Scarborough has helped generate mass awareness, has inspired transformational gifts, and has shone needed attention onto healthcare inequity and gaps in Scarborough. The Foundation has seen tremendous growth all around (staff, events, donations, media coverage, partnership, etc.). It's an exciting time to join the organization as we continue to build upon this momentum!
Find out more about this compelling campaign by visiting www.lovescarborough.ca.
What you'll be doing:
Are you a marketing & communications professional who can amplify our storytelling on all of our digital platforms? Are you excited to create engaging marketing collateral for community fundraising events? Are you a great project manager that that can keep projects moving and on deadline?
SHN Foundation is seeking an enthusiastic professional to join our team in the new role of Coordinator, Marketing & Communications. You will help to implement strategic marketing plans that drive engagement, strengthen donor relationships, acquire new donors and support overall communications at SHN Foundation. You will work with the Foundation team, hospital staff and SHN's Corporate Communications team, to develop high-quality content for the Foundation's various platforms.
- Support the Foundation's rapidly growing brand and marketing initiatives - assist with the development of the Foundation's overall marketing strategy and the maintenance of the brand (on our digital platforms, website and social channels).
- Project manage and organize timelines and deliverables for the Marketing & Communications team.
- Support the execution of marketing and communications initiatives, programs and events, specifically promoting Community Development initiatives and our Annual Program calendar.
- Edit simple design templates, help with layout and content creation for fundraising print materials, including signage/collateral, presentations and emails.
- Maintain and update SHN Foundation website(s).
- Implement the Foundation's social media strategy, including writing, scheduling and deploying social posts that promote and amplify events.
- Produce and distribute mass email communications to donors and other contacts using MailChimp (in particular, supporting our Annual Program emails).
- Support the Foundation's Community Development team by creating event collateral, including invitations, speeches, signage, event programs, photography, and live social media coverage.
- Assist in reporting on social, digital and email performance.
What you bring to the position:
- Diploma or Degree in Communications, Marketing, Design, Digital Communications, or equivalent (knowledge of fundraising principles or non-profit industry is an asset)
- 1-2 years of experience in a marketing or a communications role; within a not-for-profit environment is an asset
- Ideal candidate has experience in design, content writing, Mailchimp and social media platforms
- Skilled in Adobe Creative Suite (i.e., Photoshop and InDesign) and Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience managing corporate social media channels (i.e., Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Flickr, YouTube) and using social media management platforms (i.e., Hootsuite, Buffer)
- Familiarity with content management systems (i.e., WordPress, SharePoint), email marketing platforms (i.e., MailChimp), and other online software (i.e., Asana, Canva) is an asset
- Experience with online monitoring and measurement platforms, including Google Analytics
- Familiarity with paid digital marketing, including the development of digital and social media advertisements
Your competencies include:
- Enthusiastic and collaborative team player, willing to learn and lead projects, a self-starter
- Can prioritize competing projects in a fast-paced environment and complete multiple tasks simultaneously while adhering to strict deadlines
- Excellent track record of work performance, attendance and punctuality and demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development
- Demonstrates values consistent with SHN's Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment per Health & Safety policy and legislation
- Engages in ethical conduct and strives to understand and appreciate the diversity of our patient/staff population and community
What we have to offer: When you work for SHN Foundation, you join a caring and collaborative team that is invested in both your success and career development. This is an exciting time to join a growing and meaningful organization, with ambitions to make the biggest impact yet to healthcare in Scarborough.
We offer an excellent package to employees, including a competitive salary and annual performance bonus, an industry-leading defined benefit pension plan through HOOPP, comprehensive benefits, and the opportunity to progress and build your career.
How to apply:
We would love you to join our team! To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume through our Careers page at https://www.shn.ca/careers-volunteering/careers/.
The job posting will close on Friday December 9, 2022. All applications will be held in strict confidence. We thank all applicants in advance.
Scarborough Health Network Foundation (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community's unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Number: J1122-0933
Job Title: Coordinator, Marketing & Communications
Department : Foundation
Job Category: Foundation
Location: General; travel is required to other sites, events, and meetings as necessary
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Reports to: Manager, Marketing & Communications
Number of Positions: 1
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Hours: Monday to Friday, with flexibility for some evenings and weekends
Job Description Last Updated : November 16, 2022
Application Deadline: December 9, 2022; applicants may be screened throughout application period