You will experience Christian faith in action helping to make real and lasting change in the lives of the world's most vulnerable children. Join the World Vision Canada team and be part of a powerful and effective force for good:
For Children. For Change. For Life.
Position: Marketing Specialist - Content Producer
Reports to: People Leader, Supporter Centric Marketing
Position Term: Full Time Permanent
Primary Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Workplace Type: Remote (within Canada)
This is an exciting opportunity to delivery of world-class and personalized impact content (copywriting,design, video editing, etc.) to supporters of World Vision Canada.
This role supports the development, execution, and ongoing monitoring of marketing initiatives within Canada that align with our organizational goals. The Marketing Specialist will have the opportunity to actively create solutions within our product team and deliver high value to our supporters. This position is team focused and collaborative in nature.
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for writing, editing, delivering relevant, engaging and customer centric copy for a variety of platforms including email, websites, social media and print.
- Perform resource gathering for images, video, stats, and other media content to align with copy/messaging.
- Proof, edit, design, and proactively review content to ensure accuracy and consistency with copy and images while meeting established deadlines and meet organizational guidelines.
- Personalize content/appeals to target specific customer segments, leveraging Customer Data & Insights to support evidence-based strategy.
- Develop, test, deploy digital assets, analyze performance, and make recommendations based on response.
- Support the planning and execution of highly complex marketing campaigns/ initiatives.
- Assist in the creation of marketing strategic plans to the tactical level that consider multiple customer segment preferences, customer personas, channels, technical feasibility, budget, KPIs and business viability.
- Create innovative ways to record, report and execute marketing plans to improve effectiveness, efficiencies, and revenue.
- Identify gaps and provide recommendations for improvement plans, optimization, and innovation.
- Work alongside the audience/segment & agency teams to develop tests and strategies that innovate and improve campaign revenue and ROI.
- Collaborate with internal and external agencies to ensure plans are properly executed and that measures of quality control are adhered to. Qualifications
- Post-secondary education in relevant area, preferred.
- Superior writing ability - ability to break down complex information and write persuasive copy for a variety of audiences.
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Demonstrated organizational, interpersonal, communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships and collaborate within teams.
- Track record of successful project management, execution skills, and results.
- Familiarity with video and image editing tools an asset.
- An innovative mindset with the ability to manage priorities.
- Ability to think like the customer and a willingness to test and learn.
- Self-directed and able to navigate/ integrate with several different departments to perform cross-functional tasks.
- A passion for learning/ growing and ability to stay up to speed on industry trends.
- Familiarity working within an Agile framework, Scrum and Kanban, and agile tools an asset.
- Familiarity with Product Design Thinking and applying them to various stages fostering a culture of experimentation an asset.
- Commitment to quality.
- Positive attitude and willingness to pivot as change occurs. Why consider us?
- World Vision Canada has consistently been awarded Canada's and the GTA's top employers. Other awards granted are for financial transparency, marketing, customer service and for the work we do in the field.
- We are Canada's largest development, relief and advocacy non-profit.
- We embody an agile mindset here.
- You get competitive pay and benefits. Our comprehensive health benefits start at day 1 which includes a Health Spending Account. We match pension contributions up to 6% and give up a top-up for pregnancy & parental leaves up to 25%.
- You get extra time off for restoration. We close for an additional day on long weekends, 6 times a year. You can get up to six weeks' vacation, plus paid sick days, personal days & wellness days.
- We offer a family-friendly, caring, and flexible work environment. We bring life-saving support in times of disaster. We help poor communities to take charge of their futures. We provide small loans and training that boost family livelihoods. We work with policy makers to change the way the world is run. Our Christian faith teaches us that every child, regardless of gender, faith or race, is a precious gift to the entire world - and that their wellbeing concerns us all. We shall never rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed.
GTA's Top 100
Our Core Values: We are committed to the Poor. We are Christian. We are Stewards. We value People. We are Partners. We are Responsive.
Qualified candidates must be able to demonstrate a commitment to the core values and mission of the World Vision partnership.
World Vision Canada takes our Safeguarding responsibilities seriously and we provide an environment that is safe for our child and adult beneficiaries. We have strong recruitment procedures to make sure the safest and most suitable people work with the children in our programs. We provide our staff and volunteers with ongoing supervision, support and training in their work with child and adult beneficiaries.
World Vision Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.