As part of our continued company growth, we are expanding our sales and marketing team. We are looking for a Marketing Assistant for our Canadian corporate headquarters in Niagara, Ontario. As an integral part of the Accipiter team, you will work on site, assisting the Sales, Marketing & PR Coordinator under the direction of the VP Sales and Marketing. You will be responsible for supporting sales and marketing tasks including preparation and maintenance of advertising and sales collateral, conference and event attendance logistics and follow-up, maintaining printed product materials and other promotional items as required, and providing general assistance to members of the Sales and Marketing team. This is a full-time permanent position.
Responsibilities will include:
- Creating marketing/advertising content and sales collateral in video, print, digital and other medias as directed for use across various platforms and media outlets
- Organizing and executing all requirements for successful participation of department attendees at conferences, events and other functions, which may include pre- and post-attendance administration, correspondence, shipping, advertising, contact list preparation and lead follow-up
- Organizing and maintaining printed materials for various company departments, including ensuring material is inventoried, created, ordered and ready for use
- Maintaining and archiving corporate and third-party image and video records to ensure compliance with all copyright and legal standards
- Monitoring and investigating business opportunities and market developments including general media outlets, tender search engines, press releases and government initiatives
- Assisting with website administration, analytics and enquiries
- Supporting sales and marketing initiatives as directed
Required Experience and Qualifications:
3-year degree/diploma in marketing, communications, media or graphic design or minimum 2 years' relevant experience in a Marketing and Communications function, including experience with online and social media marketing
Demonstrated experience and proficiency with:
- Adobe Suite including InDesign, Photoshop, and PremierPro
- MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Social media channels (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Excellent written and verbal communication and public relations skills
Additional required abilities include:
- Generating creative content that engages the intended audience
- Meeting deadlines and organizing time effectively
- Using research methods to identify and verify information
- Using social & digital media to effectively communicate
- Familiarity with graphic design and web design software considered an asset
- Strong Google Products and WordPress skills would be an asset
The successful candidate will have:
- The ability to self-motivate and to learn independently
- The ability to work equally well alone and with a team
- A strong work ethic, and be honest, reliable, trustworthy and professional
- An attention to detail, be highly organized, have the ability to multi-task and work well under pressure friendly nature and be respectful of others
- A positive outlook, a great sense of humor and a willingness to have fun while still getting the job done
It is a prerequisite that the successful candidate obtains a satisfactory controlled goods security assessment as regulated by the Canadian Controlled Goods Program and also be eligible for and obtain Level II personnel security clearance pursuant to the Canadian Contract Security Program, as program rules permit.
Accipiter is an equal opportunity employer that employs qualified persons without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability or other prohibited grounds of discrimination. Accipiter encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Please notify us if accommodation is required at any stage in the application process.
To apply for this position please submit a cover letter, resume and sample of your work via Isarta. We thank all who apply, however due to the volume of applications we receive, we are only able to contact candidates who have been selected for an interview.