Requisition ID: 316079
Position Number: 20090040
Posting End Date: Open Until Filled
Site: Shared Health
Work Location: Health Sciences Centre
Department / Unit: Capital Planning - Corp
Job Stream: Non-Clinical
Union: SH Exempt-OT
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Anticipated Shift: Days
Daily Hours Worked: 7.50
Annual Base Hours: 1950
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centred clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba. The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
- Organizes and prioritizes independently, the administrative activities for senior Directors/Managers and ensures that all work is completed within established timeframes.
- Types, formats and proofreads a variety of material including: correspondence, minutes, agendas, manuscripts, policies, procedures, templates and form letters.
- Assists the Directors/Managers with the ongoing monitoring and analysis of operating budgets and expenditures and prepares ad hoc financial reports as requested.
- Takes initiative to handle matters and solve administrative problems not requiring the direct personal attention of the supervisor(s).
- Develops, maintains and updates a variety of databases including: data collection and entry, assisting with analysis and organization of information and assisting with preparation of reports.
- Performs payroll functions and monitors position control information including verifying information from ESFs, budget transfers, and following up on problems/discrepancies as required.
- May provide direction to junior employees (permanent or casual) within the portfolio which includes workload delegation, on-the-job training, monitoring of workload, ensuring deadlines are met and procedures are followed and contributing to performance appraisals of junior employees by providing feedback to the supervisor.
- Five years directly related experience required.
- Experience scheduling and coordinating meetings required.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, assign and supervise the work of junior employees.
- Ability to compose correspondence on behalf of senior Directors/Managers.
- Experience recording and preparing minutes and agendas.
- Experience maintaining spreadsheets and databases.
- Complete high school education Manitoba standards, required.
- Formal training in applied office skills is required.
- A combination of education and experience may be considered.
Qualifications And Skills
- Typing speed 65 wpm.
- Proficiency with computerized systems (Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) required.
- Experience with email and computerized calendars.
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to prioritize a large workload and independently complete a variety of administrative duties.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Required to work for long periods of time at a computer.
Salary Is Commensurate With Education And Qualifications.
We have a unique ability to work together to make health care better. If you want to make a difference and contribute to supporting the health of your family, friends and neighbours, please apply today.
Interested candidates should select the "Apply" icon below to upload their cover letter, resume and copy of licenses/certification.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions in Shared Health that combine to equal more than 1.0 FTE.
Shared Health values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.