Founded over 40 years ago, Solotech is a world leader in audiovisual and entertainment technology with 18 strategic locations in Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom and China. Thanks to an inventory encompassing over 300 renowned manufacturers, Solotech is the single source for audio, video, lighting, rigging, soft goods, control and collaboration solutions and services. The company is internationally recognized for its expertise in Live Productions and Systems Integration in various markets, namely music, sports, business, culture and education. Clients can also benefit from its Service Center, Online Store and virtual technology know-how. Solotech is fully supported by three major shareholders: Claridge, Desjardins Capital and Investissement Québec. The company employs 1,360 professionals in its offices located in Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Nashville, Miami, Orlando, Pensacola, London, Birmingham, Manchester, Calgary, Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa, Quebec City, Saguenay, Halifax, Macau and Hong Kong.
Find out more at www.solotech.com
Reporting to the Director, Public Relations and Communications, the Advisor will be responsible for developing external communications strategies and activities to promote Solotech and its divisions globally, with a focus on Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom.
*Please note that candidates located in one of the following cities, Montreal, Quebec, Ottawa and Toronto are welcome to apply.
YOUR DAY WILL LOOK LIKE THIS:
- Produce external communications and positioning plans for Solotech’s global management team and divisional leaders
- Participate in the active monitoring of the news surrounding Solotech and identify relevant content
- Organize outreach activities through a combination of media relations, public relations, and speaking engagements in blogs, podcasts, webinars, or conferences
- Proactively approaching partners and media to position Solotech
- Participate in organizing events at Solotech or with international partners
- Write press releases, articles, contests, speaking notes, social media content, and more
- Must hold a bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, or journalism
- Have at least 3-5 years’ experience in a similar position in a large organization
- Bilingualism is essential (English and French). Excellent English writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Be able to work both in a team and independently
- Be able to express ideas clearly and popularize complex information.
- Be able to work effectively in a highly dynamic environment and under tight deadlines
- Having experience in the manufacturing, technology, and audio-visual sectors is an asset
- Be curious and have a keen interest in English communications for the US B2B market
- Have a good analytical mind and an ability to synthetize ideas
- Be solution oriented
- Have excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
OUR OFFER TO YOU:
- Competitive compensation and group insurance plan, including telemedicine service
- Corporate savings plan with employer contribution
- Skills development activities and opportunities for career advancement
- Reimbursement of professional fees required for employment
- Reimbursement of professional development fees
- Work environment conducive to personal health and well-being
- Recognition program
- Employee assistance program
**We thank all applicants for their interest in Solotech, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.