As a Representative - Inside Sales, you will interact with existing customers, primarily by phone and email, to increase sales of the Company's products and/or services by obtaining and up-selling orders, creating customer satisfaction and adding value to the customer's buying experience. You will focus on proactive selling techniques to add business or expand current book of accounts. You will collaborate with outside sales to ensure goals are being met.
- Obtains orders through email and telephone calls, verifies and enters items, transfers orders to fulfillment, explains stock-outs and expected delivery dates.
- Increases orders by suggesting related items, explaining features, and checks customer's buying history.
- Owns, qualifies and develops opportunities passed from marketing, outside sales, and national accounts.
- Identifies ways for continuous improvement of processes.
- Prepares, generates, and follows up on verbal or written quotations to secure orders, or determine reason for loss of order.
- Reviews open customer order reports and takes action on open items, including those items that may be at risk in meeting customer's promised delivery date.
- Maintains distribution system backorder report, associated customer expediting report and notices, and customer notification.
- Reports industry trends, competitive pricing and customer feedback to management.
- High School Degree or Equivalent required; Bachelors' degree preferred
- Requires knowledge and experience in sales and sales administration; still acquiring higher level knowledge and skills, however fully competent and productive professional contributor (2-4 years).
- Familiar with Microsoft Office, and ability to perform basic computer skills.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in written form.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to prospect and market concepts to existing and potentially new accounts.
- Ability to take action and solve a range of problems that may be difficult but are not typically complex.
- Ability to identify and define problems and possible solutions independently; chooses among existing solutions.
- Ability to work independently with general supervision.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
WESCO International, Inc., including its subsidiaries and affiliates ("WESCO"), is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of WESCO to not discriminate against any job applicant or employee based on age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status or any other protected status. This policy includes but is not limited to the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training including apprenticeship, layoff, or termination.