- Ensures clients' needs for events are met or exceeded including setup, food and beverage, contracted services, and labour requirements. Attendance at the events, where required.
- Ensures all event requirements are communicated to staff primarily through the event booking system.
- Responsible for coordinating events and maximizing their related revenues and profits.
- Ensures information relating to each event is properly maintained in the event file and prepares the final invoice with this information.
- Receives and responds to a variety of enquiries concerning the type and availability of services and facilities, and provides information, including service costs and estimates and rental rates from schedules.
- Organizes and attends regular events meetings to communicate event requirements to facility staff and outside contractors (e.g. catering), and to check for completion of all tasks and arrangements.
- Ensures appropriate staffing levels for events.
- Shows the facility to clients.
- Graduation from a recognized, two-year, post-secondary hotel and restaurant administration program.
- Two years' customer-oriented hospitality industry experience in a convention hotel, conference or convention centre or significant operational experience with organizing and managing large scale meetings, conventions or expositions.
- Professional certification as a Certified Meeting Planner (CMP) would be an asset.
Hours Of Work
- Regular office hours Monday - Friday 8:09am - 5:00pm with flexibility based on hours worked at events
- Hours vary with the booking and demands of various events
- Evening and weekend availability is required
- Overtime may be required
- Acceptable current Criminal Record Check (CRC) upon offer of employment.
$61,748.88 - $68,077.68 per year CUPE-59 2022 Rates