Location: 441-100 Innovation Drive, Winnipeg, Manitoba
North Forge is hiring! We are looking for an outstanding team player with an outgoing personality who loves working with entrepreneurs and can manage multiple projects and deadlines. We are growing as we fuel Manitoba's innovation economy and would love for you to be part of a dynamic team that truly impacts our ecosystem. We strongly focus on diversity and inclusion, which drives our culture.
North Forge Technology Exchange is a business incubator accelerator and innovation partner for the Province of Manitoba. We fuel Manitoba's innovation economy by providing tech-enabled, STEM, and advanced manufacturing entrepreneurs with award-winning growth coaches, subject matter experts, mentors and entrepreneurs-in-residence through our nationally recognized four-stage Founders Program and Canada's largest non-profit Fabrication Lab (FabLab?). We operate out of 25,000 square feet across Innovation Drive and Innovation Alley in Winnipeg, as well as locations in Pinawa and Thompson.
Excited about the opportunity but worried you don't meet all the requirements? Apply anyway, and give us both the chance to find out!
SUMMARY OF KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
- In conjunction with the Program and Communications Director, coordinate and oversee the execution of a number of programming initiatives.
- Assist with planning and coordinating the Mitacs programs, its founders, and their activities.
- Monitor the implementation of program policies and practices.
- Support program growth and development as necessary.
- Coordinate communication within the Founders Program.
- Manage all founder resources.
- Manage founder reporting and contracts.
- Manage all founder training sessions, including the scheduling and logistics.
- Track the engagement of the founders in training, webinars, and subject-matter expert sessions.
- Maintain the database and create reports as required.
- Work collaboratively in the development of relevant content for the website, blog, and newsletter.
- Coordinate production of all marketing materials, including copywriting and conceptualizing advertisements, prospectus/brochures, advertisements, and other campaigns.
- Design and execute a content strategy for social media platforms.
- Manage all social media channels and coordinate replies as needed.
- Develop and execute an annual social media calendar of events, postings, and paid social campaigns.
- Perform monthly analytics as well as ongoing brand monitoring and reporting.
- Provides effective communications advice and support to North Forge and entrepreneurial initiatives.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrated marketing skills.
- Disciplined in managing budgets.
- Excellent project management and organization skills, including the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and manage external stakeholders to achieve all deliverables.
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills with the ability to prioritize deliverables.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a cross-functional environment.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong understanding of web, email, and social media marketing and how to leverage related tools to strategic advantage.
- Experience with social analytics and monitoring tools.
- Ability to work in a small team environment and demonstrate a collaborative teamwork attitude.
- Highly organized and able to work on tight deadlines.
- Must be able to work in a multi-task, fast-paced environment that may also entail potential early morning, evenings, and weekend work.
- North Forge offers a competitive salary and comprehensive health and dental benefits package.
- An office, computer, and unlimited coffee will be provided.
- Free parking is included.
- This position is primarily in the office and will be based at the North Forge Smartpark location (441-100 Innovation Drive) in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
- State your salary expectations in your cover letter.
- Please email your cover letter and resume.
- Deadline for resumes is December 31st at 5 pm CDT.