40 hours per week
Anticipated start date: ASAP
Salary: $48 - $50k
The Communications Coordinator at 1JustCity is responsible for the continued development of 1JustCity's strategic communications. The incumbent is responsible for producing a variety of communications assets, and for providing communications advise and expertise to other members of the organization, including Site and Program leads, and the Board of Directors. The ideal candidate is comfortable handling a large variety of communications tasks, including event planning, media relations, social media, and more.
Reports to: Executive Director
Default Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. May be required to work evenings and weekends for events. Travel between 1JustCity sites may also be required.
- Lead all communications initiatives including branding, strategy, marketing, public relations, and social media
- Design graphics, write copy for, and post on 1JustCity's social media accounts
- Maintain and update the editorial calendar
- Update and maintain the 1JustCity website
- Create and send email marketing campaigns via Mailchimp
- Write and distribute press releases
- Write and post blog posts
- Adhere to and enforce 1JustCity branding and communication guidelines
- Report on analytics and metrics and take corrective action as needed
- Pitch stories to journalists and answer inquiries from the media
- Plan and execute events such as fundraisers and the annual general meeting
- Write and design 1JustCity's Annual Report
- Write, design, and distribute 1JustCity's quarterly newsletter
- Write and send internal communications
- Occasional photography, as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Answer general inquiries over the phone, through email, and on social media
- Manage the organization's Google Workspace
- Assist with basic technical support, when needed
- Create and manage donation forms on Zeffy (formerly SimplyK)
- Assist in planning and executing staff events
- Liaise with contacts from suppliers and manage orders
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary education in Creative Communications (or a similar program with related experience) with a major in PR, Advertising & Marketing, or Journalism.
- 1-2 years of experience in a related field
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent prioritization and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Experience in non-profit communications is an asset
- Experience with Mailchimp, Canva, Buffer, Wix, and Zeffy (or similar platforms) is an asset
- Experience with Google Workspace an asset
1JustCity is an equal-opportunity employer. We encourage those who identify as members of an employment equity group (women, persons with disabilities, persons of minority, BIPOC) to apply.
Please include contact information (preferred phone number and email address) in your resume and cover letter.
Please send resumé and cover letter via Isarta by March 3, 2023.
1JustCity operates drop-in sites in three vulnerable Winnipeg neighbourhoods: the West End, West Broadway, and Osborne Village. In the winter months, we also operate an Emergency Overnight
Warming Shelter called Just a Warm Sleep. We provide services to over 1200 unique individuals weekly and support nearly 7000 people in total. We work with people living in poverty, experiencing homelessness or precarious housing, mental health issues and/or drug or alcohol dependency, social isolation, oppression due to race or gender identity, and more.
Our primary programs are daily drop-ins. We also provide an Indigenous Cultural Program, which gives accessible opportunities for Indigenous and non-Indigenous people alike to experience Indigenous culture and engage in concrete reconciliation action. We provide programs for guests to enhance their lives and resources to assist them in accessing the services they need.
Our work is grounded in relationships, and our drop-ins are places where people are known by name and are loved. While we provide for basic needs, we also strive to offer transformational programs that change lives for the better.
Learn more at 1justcity.ca.