Administrative Lead - WieGrow Capital
Application status: Open until filled
Tentative start date: May 15, 2023
Salary Expectation: $50K CAD per year plus bonus incentives (revenue and profit sharing)
Are you a highly motivated and detail-oriented individual with a passion for details and making sure things are done right? Do you excel at supporting and enabling strong leaders? Are you known for your exceptional attention to detail, ability to memorize people's names, strong networking skills, and proficiency in AI tools like ChatGPT? Are you also proficient in managing employee schedules? If so, we would love to hear from you.
WieGrow Capital and Consulting is an emerging family office in Saskatchewan on a mission to build a vibrant, diverse economic future. We have 3 operating companies, WieGrow Capital proper, WieManage, and Float Love, as well as over 30+ minority investments in innovative startups and 3 venture capital fund investments. Additionally, WieGrow is responsible for all operations in Saskatchewan for the most active early-stage investment network in the Prairies, Startup TNT.
We are seeking an administrative lead who will work closely with our CEO, Jesse Wiebe, to support our business activities, utilizing AI tools to optimize workflow and communication across the whole organization.
Basics of the role:
As the WieGrow Admin Lead, you will do so much more than run our administrative and reporting systems. You will oversee the operational workflow of a growing business with infinite room to grow in your career. You'll get access to leaders and meetings you never thought possible, and learning information your friends only wish they could know. You will help build a company that will have a serious impact on this city and this province. With WieGrow's growing portfolio, you will have the ability to build operational systems from the ground up and have full control to ensure they are all being followed. You will develop the broadest, deepest network of operators, executives and leaders in Western Canada and potentially globally down the road. In short, you will not only be an administrative lead for the CEO but you will have the potential to be the COO of a massive portfolio.
The ideal candidate for this Administrative Lead role should possess exceptional writing and communication skills, including proficiency in AI tools like ChatGPT. They should have a proven track record in executive support, including managing schedules, coordinating meetings, calls, and events, and handling confidential information with discretion. Networking and relationship-building skills are crucial, with a strong ability to build and maintain a high-powered network in the business community.
Attention to detail is paramount. Scheduling and coordination skills, including prior experience in managing employee schedules and team coordination, are essential. Exceptional memorization skills for remembering people's names, coupled with strong networking abilities, will be valuable in building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholder. A familiarity with venture capital and private equity investment concepts will be nice to have but not essential, we can teach you that part. Which brings us to the last and probably most important thing to have, a deep desire and openness to continual learning and improvement!
This role can lead in a couple directions for you:
- Grow into a COO of a large family office with multiple operating companies and various projects on the go at any given time
- On the other hand, if you're wanting to use this as a stepping stone, you'll have the opportunity to develop relationships with other players in the community whether they be startups, investors, or other venture capital firms. This could lead to other long term career opportunities
In terms of career development:
- You'll have the opportunity to participate in investment due diligence, working alongside the CEO to both learn about and perform diligence on the dozens of deals we see each year. Doing this will both level-up your ability to see what's important in investing in companies and build relationships with the other investors and the companies as well.
- If you're looking to pursue additional education, work experience in this role can be tailored to the work experience requirements. We value continuing education.
What does the job look like?
- Compensation: $50k/year, plus opportunity for profit and revenue sharing in the businesses that we acquire while you work with us.
- Pending the growth of WieGrow and your ability to own the role, compensation can continue to progress upwards
- Travel: Expect occasional travel to be a part of this job. If you'd like to go to conferences and participate in events, this job is for you. For the first 3-6 months you will not travel but after onboarding, you will have opportunities to travel the world..
- Location: We think that working together works best in-person for at least a solid chunk of time per week. We have access to work space at Innovation Place and The Saskatoon Club. You could change our minds if you're the right person. It's a strong opinion, loosely held.
- Responsibilities: In short, with a growing organization there's a combination of both building and maintaining processes to help make WieGrow and the CEO great. We're not going to pretend like we have it all together in this area - we need your help to make things work. That's why we're hiring you! Some more details are below:
- Provide administrative support to the CEO in day-to-day operations of managing a growing business with multiple operating units, including managing calendars, organizing travel arrangements, and coordinating logistics.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings, calls, and events related to CEO activities, leveraging AI-powered scheduling tools to optimize time management and productivity.
- Assist in managing communication with external partners, investors, and other stakeholders, leveraging AI-powered communication tools to ensure timely and effective communication.
- Maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information with discretion, utilizing AI-powered security and encryption tools to protect data related to investment activities.
- Manage the updating of all our business websites, WieGrow, WieManage, and Float Love at present.
- Provide briefings on who is in attendance at events and conferences, and assist in setting up meetings before and after the events, utilizing AI-powered scheduling tools to optimize time management and productivity.
- Follow up on business cards and contacts received at events and conferences, utilizing AI-powered communication and contact management tools to ensure timely and effective communication.
- Support the CEO in managing deal flow, including coordinating and organizing incoming investment proposals, conducting initial screening, and maintaining a pipeline of potential investment opportunities.
- Assist the CEO in sourcing and evaluating potential investment opportunities, utilizing research and data analysis tools to gather information, analyze financials, and conduct due diligence.
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of business documents, including expense reports, legal agreements, contracts, and other day-to-day business-related paperwork, utilizing AI-powered document management tools for organization and efficiency.
- Conduct research and analysis on industry trends, competitive landscape, and investment opportunities using AI-powered research tools to gather insights and support investment decision-making.
- Optional: stay up-to-date with industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies in venture capital and private equity investing, including AI-powered tools and platforms, and proactively identify opportunities to leverage them for increased efficiency and effectiveness.
How does this role feel day-to-day?
We won't lie - there's lots on the plate of this role. It requires juggling and prioritization. It also requires a solid familiarity with (or at least affinity to the concept of) AI technology/automation tools. The role will start with a few of the projects above, and then add things as we get comfortable. Every week will be different, and as things get sorted out and smoothed over, there will be new things to smooth out. We'll be working through foundational problems for a while, then we'll be acquiring new businesses and making more investments. More specifically, we'll be getting our WieManage and Float Love operations stabilized while we continue to acquire new businesses and expand our operations. If you want a big stable corporate job with a narrow scope and everything figured out, this is not for you. If you want to have a startup operations job where you get to own everything under the Admin umbrella so that you can be a master of this domain whether at WieGrow or elsewhere, it's absolutely for you.
If this excites you, please fill out this brief form: Application Link.
Questions about the role before you toss your hat in the ring? Reach out to Jesse or text at 639 471 0958