Wanted: Graphic Designer (Maternity Leave Cover)
Do you want to work for David instead of Goliath? Do you listen in colour and dream in music? Are you passionate about visual design? Does the idea of making a positive impact on the planet while building a strong community excite you? If so, we're looking for you!
- Appreciate a good debate even with your boss
- Figure out how to fix it instead of who is to blame
- Aren't afraid of jumping in the deep end
- Are excited about building empowered teams
- Have pulled recyclables out of the trash
- Believe we do not inherit the earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children
- Work to protect and restore the environment
- Aren't afraid to make mistakes as long as we learn
- Care more about your values and intelligence than your experience
- Are committed to creating team dynamics that create empowerment vs. entitlement
Our Core Values:
- Commit to a culture that builds a strong COMMUNITY
- Foster CREATIVITY to inspire fresh innovation
- Embrace COURAGE by taking action despite uncertainty
- Live with Awareness and CONSCIOUSNESS of our choices
Pela Case is seeking a talented and motivated Graphic Designer to join our team and help drive the visual identity of our brand. As a Graphic Designer, you will be responsible for creating various graphic elements, designing artworks, and driving the overall themes/artistic direction for our laser engraving and print programs. You will collaborate with and provide direction to external contractors or freelancers to support design breadth as well and handle preparation of files for print and production and design packaging as needed.
- Drive the product design process, designing various graphic elements
- Design artworks and drive overall themes/artistic direction for our laser engraving and print programs.
- Source, onboard and guide contractors to supplement design capacity and capabilities including our custom Art on Demand tool setup
- Provide creative direction to ensure all design work meets our direction and standards and aligns with our brand guidelines.
- Stay current on trends - design, art, graphics techniques, colours, utilize and experiment with new technologies, creative tools and methods
- Develop collections for specific audiences and marketing campaigns
- Support the launch of new mobile devices and management of our internal Art on Demand tool
- Initiate and advocate for process improvements as necessary
- Support Marketing team with content creation and design work as applicable
- Design packaging, hang tags, user manuals, and other printed material with usability, sustainability and aesthetics top of mind
- Become an expert in environmentally friendly printing techniques - Materials, paper types, dyes, production methods, etc.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Experience managing and guiding contractors and/or design teams
- Experience with print production and knowledge of sustainable materials and printing techniques
- Strong conceptual design skills and ability to bring ideas to life visually
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for sustainability and a desire to make a positive impact on the environment and society.
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design or related field an asset
Commitment to Diversity
Pela is committed to cultivating and preserving a company culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. This means we seek out people with diversity of opinion and with strengths that will be complementary to our existing organization. We know that we will grow and learn better with a diverse team. When recruiting for new members of our team, we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, and sexual orientation.
Compensation: $57,000-78,000 CAD depending on experience