May 3, 2023
Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think ?TD? if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com
This position is a key leadership role to support the development of a dealer-wide communications and social media strategy for TD Securities. The Communications function sits within the TD Securities Marketing team, managing initiatives and strategies to support the business. We showcase the firm's vision through brand and marketing programs as well as client experiences. We provide insights and analysis to influence strategic client-centric business decisions. If you want to be a brand ambassador who can help strive efficiencies for the dealer, then join our team and make an impactful contribution to TD Securities and your own success.
As the lead of the Communications, a successful candidate will partner with our business to design effective communications and campaigns that advance the TDS brand. The role will report directly to the VP, Marketing and Colleague Experience, and work closely with a group of key stakeholders including Creative Services, Corporate & Public Affairs, key Business leaders and Senior Executives to develop both internal and external communications.
- Lead a team of communication managers to deliver on all aspects of a dedicated strategic communications work stream, including all strategic change programs, projects and initiatives; identifying and managing the full scope of the communications plan, including strategy, milestones, deliverables, issues and risks.
- Act as subject matter expert throughout TDS and provide strategic communications counsel and support to senior leadership and teams and develop communications materials to engage and inform internal audiences.
- Manage a dedicated communications calendar that is integrated with change management.
- Stay apprised of broader enterprise programs and strategic initiatives representing TDS
- Lead development of strategic communications and manage development of all external content including website and social media.
- Lead the TDS social media team to execute and drive the TDS social media strategy
- Partner with executives, colleagues, CAPA and business partners to ensure communications meet stakeholder needs
- People Manager - dedicated to developing team and new talent with ongoing coaching and elevating their development plans.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in corporate communications or change management communications
- Proven track record of strategic planning and developing effective strategic communications advice to senior leaders and project teams.
- Demonstrated ability and knowledge of content management including SEO/SEM and digital marketing
- Demonstrated ability in social media platforms and strategy management
- Demonstrated ability to explain and deliver best practices in change communications.
- Self-starter with strong relationship management skills and ability to partner with and build consensus with individuals and teams.
- Strong People Leadership skills with demonstrated experience in leading high performing, diverse teams
- Demonstrated relationship building skills, with a superior ability to make things happen through the use of positive influence
- Superior attention to detail, strong organizational skills and an ability to deliver high quality work with short timelines.
- Exceptional writing, editing and presentation skills and experience developing materials that influence.
- Demonstrated experience in exercising judgment in dealing with sensitive situations and in providing communication counsel to executives.
- Ability to work effectively in ambiguous situations and take an agile approach to managing communications requests and initiatives.
- University degree in communications or related field.
- Bilingualism (English/French) is an asset
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.