Forbes Bros Ltd. is currently looking for a Proposal & Marketing Manager to join our team in Edmonton, AB!
This exciting marketing & proposal hybrid role will be responsible for managing the Forbes Bros Group of Companies Proposal team and for creating marketing content both internally (i.e., quarterly newsletters) and externally (i.e., social media for the organization.
If you are capable of leading a team and being a liaison between business development, estimating and senior management across all operating entities to meet business objectives and support in our growth plan - this could be the opportunity for you!
What We Offer:
- Flexible, hybrid work composition
- Competitive compensation package
- Company Pension Program
- Comprehensive benefits plan & health spending account
- Paid vacation time & Personal Time Off (PTO)
- Family orientated working environment
- Opportunity for growth and development for all stages of your career
- Lives Forbes Bros. value of WE WORK SAFE & never compromising on safety in all aspects of our every day
- Drive and support process development and schedule process reviews - Plan, organize and direct winning response plan, support Go/No go, refine Executive Summary, conduct in-process reviews, and ensure on-time delivery
- Formalize value propositions - Develop opportunity-specific proposal win themes and merge them into articulate, compelling proposal documents. Prepare written and graphical elements of bid opportunity response documents
- Facilitate interview planning sessions - Organize and participate in response-related meetings/oral presentations, and coordinate response-reviews and help align presenters on specific win themes
- Support business development - Develop and submit proactive, professional, and competitive proposals and other strategic initiatives within customer defined timeframes and requirements. Collaborate effectively across teams and/or partners
- Manage proposal team - Analyze and communicate requirements and intentions with the proposal team and ensure proposals align with win themes and client expectations, are correctly formatted and approved by the management team. Manage bid clarification process and maintain register to track clarifications. Participate in handover of successful proposals to the project team
- Support proposal coordinator(s) - Assist on major proposals when workload demands; i.e, highly complex bids, joint ventures, large values
- Participate in industry organization - e.g., Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP), construction associations that help build Forbes Bros brand
- Other projects & duties as assigned
What We Are Looking For:
- Post-secondary education in Business, Marketing, English or related field
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in marketing, technical and proposal writing
- Proven track record of proposal management for large, complex industrial, commercial and institutional construction projects
- Technical writing proficiency and skills necessary to produce high-quality, opportunity-specific response documents/presentations/interviews with competitive and compelling messages to satisfy client goals
- Capable of producing accurate work under pressure, with the ability to respond appropriately in stressful situations with a calm and steady demeanor
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft Office and Adobe In Design
- Occasionally requires extended hours and possible weekend work to meet bid submission deadlines
Forbes Bros. Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer committed to best practice recruiting and hiring, to promote gender equality and workplace diversity. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates who meet the requirements noted and who earn an invitation to interview will be contacted.