Start Your Career with one of Manitoba's Top Employers!
We have deep roots in our community. 85 years deep. And through the years we have proven our commitment to our members by making their priorities our priorities. We donate regularly to a wide range of organizations, feature local products prominently, and most importantly - give back to our members through profit sharing. We look to the past to inform our present core values.
But in this rapidly changing world, our roots ground us so that we can keep pace and innovate. We have grown from one standalone gas bar in downtown Winnipeg to an ever-expanding co-operative with 49 gas bar locations, 23 car washes, six cardlocks, nine food stores, two standalone pharmacies and an oil supply centre. Our fleet of trucks are on the road delivering fuel to farm and commercial accounts in Manitoba and northwestern Ontario.
And we just keep growing as we develop fresh, modern ways to deliver premium products with extraordinary customer service.
This role can be just the start of your career as there is ample opportunity for advancement within Red River Co-op. We are a proud member of the Co-operative Retailing System, a vast network of 160 retail Co-ops across western Canada.
Red River Co-op is recruiting for the position of Creative & Marketing Specialist at our home office located at 10 Prairie Way, in Winnipeg. This position reports to the Director of Marketing. The Creative & Marketing Specialist adds value to our Co-operative by designing all marketing collateral for Red River Co-op. They are responsible for copywriting, design and deployment of printed and digital advertising.
Essential responsibilities of the position include the following:
- Use Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop to design collateral for advertising and promotions to ensure brand consistency and proper execution on all marketing channels.
- Manage internal creative requests from staff and execute materials for signage, digital advertising, internal communications, including annual reports, posters, forms, brochures, policies, etc.
- Develop and execute Red River Co-op's social media strategy and manage all content for Red River Co-op's website, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube channels.
- Collaborate with management to create timely, accurate and informative responses to inquiries or complaints that arise from social media correspondence.
- Support the marketing and execution of internal and community events.
A full responsibility list will be provided to candidates selected for interviews.
To be successful in this role, you will bring the following skills and competencies:
- Advanced graphic design capabilities are a must, with a strong familiarity with Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop.
- You have earned a diploma or undergraduate degree in graphic design or creative communications.
- You have at least three years of work experience in graphic design, social media management, digital marketing management, marketing and/or general communications.
As part of the recruitment process, individuals who are short-listed will be required to complete a graphic design ?homework? assignment in advance of their interview, to review design capabilities and ability to align with Red River Co-op brand personality.
Red River Co-op welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process by contacting the Human Resources Division at (204) 631-4600, or by email, or in person at 10 Prairie Way in Winnipeg.
Red River Co-op offers a comprehensive total rewards package including group insurance, a strong pension plan, and an employee discount. Advancement opportunities abound in the Co-operative Retailing System, and we encourage ongoing professional development along with up to 100% reimbursement for post-secondary course work. Additional details will be shared with candidates as part of the interview process.