Are you a seasoned change manager? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with a mix of clients? Do you enjoy working in an environment that is dynamic and allows you to share your passion and experience as a change professional to organizations who face challenging change transformations? Then you should join the Barrington Consulting team. We work on medium- and large-scale opportunities where we help clients understand their change transformations, plan, and manage their change to successfully achieve their goals and objectives.
We are trusted advisors, providing change leadership to our clients and teams. We need to be adept at building relationships through all levels of an organization (leadership to frontline staff) as well as have strong communication skills that clearly conveys the change messages to a variety of stakeholder groups to build awareness and drive adoption associated with the change initiative.
What will you do?
You will bring the following expertise to our team and to your client engagements:
- Lead change activities on IT transformation projects to increase benefits realization, drive value, and achieve results and outcomes; Ability to demonstrate and speak to the value of change management, including the benefits to overall project health and best outcomes for clients.
- Conduct change impact and readiness assessments and analysis of results using multiple processes and tools to understand organizational and stakeholder readiness, ability, and capacity to undergo the change.
- Have accountability and responsibility for developing the change strategy that incorporates and aligns change management plans, activities, and milestones into project management plans.
- Develop a comprehensive change management plan (stakeholder engagement & communications, sponsorship, learning & development, risk management, measurement & benefits realization) based on principles and best practices of change management methodologies, (i.e., Prosci® or other methodologies).
- Actively liaison with leadership, project sponsor and owner, project manager, project team, and impacted stakeholders.
- Monitor project stakeholders' engagement; identify, anticipate, and mitigate risks, issues, and barriers to adoption.
- Provide ongoing updates to progress and status on change management activities and deliverables; adhere to the project plan budget and define resourcing needs.
- Work closely with the project sponsor(s) and/or project owner to create the change vision and support leaders in delivering the vision to the organization.
- Examine the culture of the organization and gain insights on the organization's approach and response to change by understanding the history, culture, and values systems that exist.
- Collect information on other initiatives underway within the organization and potential impacts to resources, timing, etc.
- Gain an understanding of the change maturity level and any existing change approaches, deliverables, methodologies, etc., either formal or informal, within the organization.
- Facilitate and lead group discussions and workshops.
- As part of the defined Communications Plan, oversee the creation of communication materials aligned to the key messages for the change following the appropriate review and approval model to communicate effectively and clearly to the identified audiences. Liaise and collaborate with appropriate Communications team for external communications.
- Direct day-to-day control over the change management team, change project schedule, associated budget, and resources.
- Contribute to the knowledge transfer plan to operations.
- Assess learning development needs and skills/knowledge gaps, ongoing learning tools, delivery plan, and learning evaluation.
- Mentor junior change consultants within the firm.
What skills will you have?
You will demonstrate your level of experience in the following:
- 8+ years' change management experience on consulting engagements across various business settings and through the full project lifecycle.
- Experience leading and facilitating large scale change with multiple stakeholders is required.
- Experience in a consulting environment implementing medium - large technology transformation projects; Demonstrated ability to work autonomously to initiate and manage consulting workload in a client-centered environment that includes high volume, frequent interruptions, multiple tasks, and shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies, and tools; Knowledge of current theories and practices of change management is a strong asset.
- Proven ability to create and implement change management strategies and plans that maximize employee adoption and usage and support responses to change.
- Experience with change management industry standards, best practices, and methodologies, with a certification in an industry-standard change management methodology / framework (Prosci®, CCMP?, etc.).
- Ability to communicate (both in writing and orally) clearly and effectively to diverse audiences and the ability to write or edit high quality business documents and communications is mandatory.
- Commitment to delivering quality results with exceptional attention to detail.
- Experience working directly with senior management and leaders of the organization.
- Strong presentation and group facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated expertise in consensus building, networking, and liaising between multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically, conceptualize issues, and address them.
- Proactive, resourceful, and quick learner who can easily adjust approach to meet the needs of the client.
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal skills and empathy who can quickly build working relationships and trust within a team environment.
- Coach and train project leaders on change fundamentals, frameworks, tools, and processes to advance people and change throughout the project. Engage project team members in designing, developing, and deploying change management tactics.
- Must demonstrate high proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.); Additional experience with virtual tools for meetings and collaboration considered an asset.
- Focus on doing the right thing for our clients and delivering excellent service on all engagements.
Why join the Barrington team?
The Barrington Consulting team offers the total package. We are a team of achievers who are all about working hard for our clients to make a difference in local communities. In a small firm like ours, you can think like a boss and drive your own career path while being supported by firm leadership to try, and learn, new things. At Barrington Consulting, we appreciate the unique experiences and talents that each team member brings to the table. Our team lives the work hard, play hard mantra and work / life balance is a reality.
If you fit the description of a Barrington Senior Change Manager, then we want you! Tell us about your strengths, experiences, and goals by sending a cover letter and resume. Come join our amazing team!