Director of Scientific Communications and Engagement - Early Oncology
Locations Considered: Gaithersburg, MD, Mississauga, Barcelona
Do you have expertise in, and a passion for Communications? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the Oncology business area in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you.
One of our core values is ?Follow the science' - something that guides our decision-making at every level. It means that our teams are backed to push the boundaries of science. No limits to our curiosity, we continuously question and explore.
This is a fantastic opportunity to lead the internal science engagement and communications strategy for a global multi-site function of over 900 people. Working with a diverse set of people including scientists, leaders and corporate affairs you will use proven and innovative mechanisms to bring our scorecard to life and inspire the Early Oncology community. Through innovative and impactful communications the successful candidate will contribute to our ambition of building a culture of learning and transparency.
This critical role leads the internal science engagement and communications strategy for Early Oncology, a global multi-site function, and provides dedicated strategic communications and support to the Early Oncology Leaders
Working with a diverse range of stakeholders, you will develop an exciting internal communications agenda featuring innovative solutions to enhance employee engagement and tell the Early Oncology story.
- Defines and implements the internal science communications and engagement strategy for Early Oncology working closely with diverse stakeholders across AstraZeneca
- Responsible for the overarching internal editorial calendar and messaging to raise the visibility of Early Oncology achievements (e.g.milestones) and to communicate our scorecard
- Provides strategic input into our broader Early Oncology internal communications strategy (events, awards)
- Works directly with the Early Oncology VP and leadership team to define the strategic focus and develop content for internal and external engagements (e.g. external investigator scientific presentations and Oncology Town Hall meetings)
- Leads the strategy for enhancing engagement of Early Oncology leaders internally
- Drives innovative solutions (including digital media) to communicate our scorecard and scientific priorities and bring the Early Oncology science to life
- Overall accountable for delivery of key business reports to capture Early Oncology scientific achievements / deliverables
- Partners with Oncology R&D corporate affairs to shape external communications to further enhance the external scientific reputation of Early Oncology
- Provides direction and guidance to dotted line colleagues
- BS/BA degree in life sciences or communications or related field
- Minimum of 5 years experience developing and implementing integrated communication plans
- Scientific in-depth knowledge in the Oncology field or related areas
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to clearly articulate complex scientific data into effective and compelling communication that is appropriate for the level of audience
- Broad knowledge of the pharmaceutical drug discovery and development process
- Strong influencing, networking and team working skills
- A proven track record of delivering tasks in a timely manner
- Prior experience in a strategic communications role is strongly desired
- PhD or MSc in Life science
AstraZeneca we're dedicated to being a phenomenal Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and ignite your bold spirit. There's no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We're on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
Are you already envisioning yourself joining our team? Good, because we can't wait to hear from you!
Where can I find out more
Our social media:
Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazeneca
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en