Scientific Communications & Engagement Associate Director - Clinical Operations, Late Development Oncology
Locations Considered: Gaithersburg, US, Mississauga, CN, Barcelona, Spain
Do you have expertise in, and a passion for Communications? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact across the business in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you.
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led biopharmaceutical company and our innovative medicines are used by millions of patients worldwide. This is the place to make an impact. Here we ensure everyone can reach their full potential, perform at their best and make a valued contribution to the enterprise!
As part of the Late Development Oncology Group, the Clinical Operations Team is a global team of dedicated professionals who are passionate about bringing new hope to patients and their families.
This role will be functionally aligned to the Clinical Operations Team but sit on a team of communicators within the Late Development Oncology and Chief Medical Office and ladder up into a wider group of expert communicators Oncology R&D Chief Operating Office.
What you'll do
- Owns the planning and delivery of the multichannel Clinical Operations internal communications plan and campaigns that increase employee engagement and alignment with local and broader AstraZeneca business strategy. Engage and excite our people around our priorities and progress against them by planning functional events such as Town Halls and coordinating local engagement opportunities.
- Maintain Clinical Operations as a Great Place to Work environment, working with leaders to action feedback from twice-yearly employee survey,
- Internal communications responsibilities include:
- Incorporates new and innovative communications ideas and approaches, especially and digital best practices into the internal communication strategy
- Assist with designing, compiling, and polishing impactful presentations, on behalf of the LT for senior audiences such as SET and the AZ Board, as well as external presentations
- Work closely with Global Corporate Affairs R&D External Communications colleagues to help showcase the advances and impact CMO is making to AZ, our trials, healthcare professionals and importantly, patients
- Connect with a network of communications colleagues across Late Development Oncology and the Chief Medical Office to align work, messaging and branding
- BS/BA degree in life sciences or communications or related field
- Minimum of 2 years experience developing and implementing integrated communication plans
- Knowledge of R&D and global pharmaceutical market
- Experience in healthcare communications
- Experience supporting senior leaders through communications counsel
- Experience developing and implementing integrated communication plans
- Understanding and experience of employee engagement standard methodologies
- Understanding and experience of issues management
- Understanding and experience of digital and social media
- Strong understanding of internal and external partners, including physicians, payers and patients
- National and global communications experience
- Ability to work in a global environment including understanding of cultural differences
AstraZeneca we're dedicated to being a phenomenal Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and ignite your bold spirit. There's no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We're on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
Are you already envisioning yourself joining our team? Good, because we can't wait to hear from you!
Where can I find out more
Our social media:
Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazeneca
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en