Communications / Public Relations
October 19, 2023
We're committed to providing fair and equitable compensation to all our colleagues. As a candidate, we encourage you to have an open dialogue with your recruiter and ask compensation related questions, including pay details for this role.
The Corporate and Public Affairs (CAPA) department aims to inspire and connect our customers, communities and colleagues through communications, conversations and advocacy that enrich lives, deliver business outcomes and enhance our brand. We deliver best-in-class external and internal communications to help differentiate TD in the market and elevate our brand.
We are looking for a seasoned and versatile communications professional to play a key role in the Corporate and Public Affairs (CAPA) team dedicated to advancing the internal and external communications strategies and programs for TD's Corporate Finance, Risk, Legal and Audit segments, in addition to supporting Public Company communications for the Bank (e.g. quarterly earnings, Annual Meeting of Shareholders, Investor Day, and other corporate initiatives).
This is an exciting opportunity for you to join the CAPA team and contribute smart ideas, creative solutions and strategically manage communication initiatives that will help differentiate TD in the market. Along with your CAPA colleagues you will deliver on CAPA's mission to inspire and connect our customers, communities and colleagues through communications, conversations and advocacy that enrich lives, drive business outcomes, and enhance our brand.
If you consider yourself:
- Someone with excellent understanding of traditional and digital communications best practices
- To have proven experience in executive communications, employee communications, media relations, issues management and building social media engagement programs
- A skilled strategic and critical thinker
- Innovative and creative
- A self-motivated entrepreneur at heart who is excited and inspired by the opportunity to fill white space with fresh thinking, creative ideas and new programs that will drive strong results
We want to hear from you!
Key accountabilities include:
- Playing a lead role in driving strategy and developing executive communications for Enterprise Finance, Risk, Legal and Audit, which includes researching and writing flawless communication materials, including briefing documents, speeches, video scripts, articles and social media content, and company-wide emails on behalf of various senior executives, capturing their tone and voice.
- Collaborate with business partners and members of the CAPA team on planning and support, relationship and project management and content development for major corporate projects, including Annual Meeting of Shareholders, Annual Report, Investor Day, Quarterly Earnings, and other enterprise initiatives.
- Leveraging new and innovative storytelling tactics (via both traditional and social media) to tell TD's story in a more compelling way, packaged to deliver maximum message penetration and drive engagement with the appropriate audiences
- Your years of media relations experience will help you provide advice and guidance to business partners for proactive opportunities and to demonstrate a clear understanding of emerging business trends to tell Finance, Risk, Legal, Audit and the Bank's stories in new and compelling ways
- Provide strategic communications advice to business leaders and help to articulate TD's story to colleagues, investors, the media and other stakeholders.
- Proven experience working effectively and efficiently with business leaders, partners, agencies and vendors to deliver compelling and high-quality outcomes.
- Consistently demonstrate strong project management skills and the ability to partner effectively across the organization and with colleagues within CAPA. #LI-Hybrid
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 8-10 years of experience in progressively responsible communications positions, managing communications projects and strategies in a corporate and/or agency communications environment
- A proven track record in both proactive and reactive media relations, with strong relationship management skills
- Proven experience providing communications counsel and issues management to business partners and senior executives
- Issues management experience, including critical thinking, common sense and good judgement when dealing with sensitive matters
- Exceptional writing and editing skills with the ability to reach the hearts and minds of audiences through compelling storytelling
- An entrepreneurial and adaptable mindset
- The ability to understand complex subject matter and distill it into communications that are simple and easy to understand
- Digital fluency and demonstrated experience in successfully using social media for corporate clients
- A strong project management mindset, with the ability to deliver on deadline both as an individual contributor, and as part of a team
At TD we're guided by our purpose is to enrich the lives of our customers, communities and colleagues, and share a set of values that shape our culture and guide our behavior. In exchange for how our colleagues show up to help TD succeed, we are committed to delivering a colleague experience grounded in Impact, Growth and a Culture of Care. No matter where you work across TD, we empower you to make an impact at work and in your community, explore and grow your career and be part of our caring and inclusive culture.
Making Your Well-being a Priority
A caring and supportive culture that promotes colleague well-being is core to who we are. At TD, we focus on total well-being with extensive programs to help colleagues assess, manage, and improve their well-being across four core pillars ? physical, financial, social and mental/emotional. In addition, we champion a safe, inclusive and supportive work environment to help colleagues feel a sense of belonging, and supported in their personal and professional growth. Through our focus on total well-being, we know that we can help our colleagues thrive, contribute to our culture of care, and support better business outcomes because when colleagues feel their best, they're more likely to do their best.
Our Total Rewards Package
Our Total Rewards package reflects the investment we make in our colleagues to help them, and their families achieve their well-being goals. Total Rewards at TD includes a base salary, variable compensation, and several other key plans such as health and well-being benefits including medical, dental, vision & mental health coverage, savings and retirement programs, paid time off, banking benefits and discounts, career development, and reward and recognition programs.
How We Work
At TD, we believe in-person connections fuel collaboration and collective creativity. Our workplace experience empowers colleagues to do great work side-by-side at TD locations, while offering flexibility to work remotely where it makes sense for the work and team. Our teams work in one of three workplace models: hybrid, onsite and primarily remote. Wherever our colleagues are working, they'll always have access to the TD community and experience our culture of care.
Who We Are
TD is one of the world's leading global financial institutions and is the fifth largest bank in North America by branches. Every day, we deliver legendary customer experiences to over 27 million households and businesses in Canada, the United States and around the world. More than 95,000 TD colleagues bring their skills, talent, and creativity to the Bank, those we serve, and the economies we support. We are guided by our vision to Be the Better Bank and our purpose to enrich the lives of our customers, communities and colleagues. TD is a customer obsessed organization, and we are deeply committed to being a leader in customer experience, that is why we believe that all colleagues, no matter where they work, are customer facing. As we build our business and deliver on our strategy, we are innovating to enhance the customer experience and build capabilities to shape the future of banking. Whether you've got years of banking experience or are just starting your career in financial services, we can help you realize your potential. Through regular leadership and development conversations to mentorship and training programs, we're here to support you towards your goals. As an organization, we keep growing - and so will you.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
At TD, we're committed to fostering an environment where all colleagues are encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work, experience equitable opportunities, and feel respected and supported. We're dedicated to building an inclusive workforce that reflects the diversity of the customers and the communities in which we live and serve.
How We're Helping Make an Impact in Communities
TD has a long-standing commitment to help drive progress towards a more inclusive and sustainable future. That's why we launched the TD Ready Commitment in 2018, now a multi-year North American initiative. Under the TD Ready Commitment, we are targeting a total of $1 billion by 2030 in community giving four key, interconnected drivers of change: Financial Security, Vibrant Planet, Connected Communities, and Better Health. It's our goal to help support change, nurture progress, and contribute to making the world a better, more inclusive place for our customers, colleagues, and communities.
Your accessibility is important to us. Please let us know if you'd like accommodations (including accessible meeting rooms, captioning for virtual interviews, etc.) to help us remove barriers so that you can participate throughout the interview process.
We look forward to hearing from you!