YOU'RE A fast-thinking, TROUBLESHOOTING, TASK-JUGGLING dynamo.
Closing: Until Filled
Location: Edmonton South
Please note this is a temporary 18-month fixed term role.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do at AMA. Our objective is to achieve exceptional customer engagement, foster intimacy, drive website traffic, and increase revenue through our social media channels. As the Social Media Strategist, you'll develop strategic plans, create compelling content, and work collaboratively across multiple marketing teams and channels to keep our members and prospective members informed and inspired in a timely matter across AMA's social media channels.
WHAT MOVES YOU
- You're well-versed in multiple social media channels, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- You have a continual learning mindset within the ever-evolving landscape of social media.
- You have a passion for developing comprehensive marketing content strategies that will attract new members and provide current members with real value.
- You're an expert storyteller who can share information in compelling ways with different target audiences.
- You have experience working with a design and animation team to develop video, photo, and other channel content.
- You not only understand AMA's "Why," you live it?staying true to our shared values and supporting purpose-driven work that makes a difference.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Report to the Director, Marketing.
- Lead the development of company-wide strategies for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other platforms.
- Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging, and audience identification.
- Work with influencers, writers, actors, producers, project managers and other team members to produce compelling content and perform content audits or gap analyses to ensure the uniformity of content and its alignment with business goals across social media platforms.
- Research and staying up to date on the latest developments in terms of search engine optimization, content trends, algorithm changes and consumer behavior.
- Generate, edit, publish and share content that builds meaningful connections and encourages members to take action.
- Set up and optimize company pages within each platform to increase the visibility of company's social content.
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information.
- Develop content strategies and tactics to build our brand and drive traffic to our products and service offerings.
- Create quarterly and monthly content planners for multiple business units.
- Present quarterly KPIs, analytics, and other results to the marketing teams.
- Execute results-driven social media strategies for multiple business units.
- Deploy successful marketing campaigns and own their implementation from creation to execution.
- Produce engaging content for our social media channels that converts our target audiences.
WHAT YOU'VE DONE
- You have a post-secondary degree or diploma in marketing, communications, or public relations, but we'll also consider equivalencies.
- You have a minimum of 3 years of social media marketing experience.
- You've developed strategic content marketing plans across multiple channels.
- You have excellent written communication skills.
- You have recent experience and up-to-date knowledge of the latest trends and best practices in social media marketing.
- You have experience reporting on social media KPI's and using them to inform future strategic plans.
- Video creating/editing experience and content writing is considered an asset.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Work with a diverse and passionate marketing team.
- Work for the one of the most trusted brands in Canada.
- Competitive salary.
- Temporary role, with possibility of extension.
- Benefits if you choose to receive them (with payroll deductions).
- Vacation pay is added to each pay cheque.
- Great AMA discounts.
- Unlimited learning opportunities
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.