Putting people first, every day
BDO is a firm built on a foundation of positive relationships with our people and our clients. Each day, our professionals provide exceptional service, helping clients with advice and insight they can trust. In turn, we offer an award-winning environment that fosters a people-first culture with a high priority on your personal and professional growth.
Our Ontario offices are looking for an Administrative Assistant to join our Tax Credit and Incentive team. We operate in a hybrid workplace model with flexible hours. The team includes technical and financial professionals who prepare funding applications, tax forms, and working notes.
These programs provide funding to our clients, and this is a very positive and flexible work environment. A typical project takes six weeks to prepare and must be monitored for up to six months. In this role, you will work as a part of set-up and wrap-up procedures and generally support our business operations and own the following responsibilities:
- Support business development by coordinating meetings for inbound requests for new business and initiating our internal client acceptance procedures
- Onboard new clients, including ensuring access to CRA My Business Account Portal and BDO's Client Portal
- Perform administrative tasks related to the department's ongoing operations
- Draft documents, contracts, and requests for information
- Review and upload responses to official CRA requests
- Coordinate with the firm to ensure claims are filed, and status sheets are up to date
- Access and update information in Excel worksheets and Microsoft Dynamics Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems
- Support a team of Partners and Professionals, which may include planning and organizing internal appointments, conferences, and meetings
- Contribute positively by reviewing, copy editing, and providing input and oversight on technical and financial drafts prepared by others
- Communicate and exchange information with other departments and firm resources
How do we define success for your role?
- You demonstrate BDO's core values through all aspects of your work: Integrity, Respect and Collaboration You understand your clients
- ' industry, challenges, and opportunities; clients describe you as positive, professional, and delivering high quality work
- You identify, recommend, and are focused on effective service delivery to your clients
- You share in an inclusive and engaging work environment that develops, retains and attracts talent
- You actively participate in the adoption of digital tools and strategies to drive an innovative workplace
- You grow your expertise through learning and professional development
Your experience and education
- Prior experience in accounting/tax or legal firm is highly desirable
- Prior secretarial, sales support or internal coordinator work is desirable
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Some knowledge of PowerPoint, CRM, Microsoft Teams, and web browsers is desirable
- Any knowledge or experience with information security best practices is desirable
Key traits to succeed in this role
- The best applicants can prioritize their workload without direction and are not easily overwhelmed by a queue of multiple tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Discipline required to manage confidential information comes naturally to you
- Ability to follow quality assurance protocols and constructively raise issues, communicating and resolving inadequacies in files and processes
- You always have a professional attitude, focused on internal and external client service
- You appreciate teamwork, client service, and quality in detailed work
- You value the contribution we make to fund innovation and growth in R&D-focused companies
- Eager to learn new skills and take on new tasks
Training in various tax software and internal systems will be provided.
BDO Canada LLP is a firm built on a foundation of positive relationships with our people and our clients. Each day, our professionals provide exceptional service, helping clients with advice and insight they can trust. In turn, we offer an award-winning environment that fosters a people-first culture with a high priority on your personal and professional growth.
Our people-first approach to talent has earned us a spot among Canada's Top 100 Employers for 2023 . This recognition is a milestone we're thrilled to add to our collection of awards for both experienced and student talent experiences.
Our firm is committed to providing an environment where you can be successful in the following ways:
We enable you to engage with how we change and evolve, being a key contributor to the success and growth of BDO in Canada.
We help you become a better professional within our services, industries, and markets with extensive opportunities for learning and development.
We support your achievement of personal goals outside of the office and making an impact on your community.
Giving back adds up: Where company meets community. BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives. We support staff with local and national events where you will be given the opportunity to contribute to your community.
Total rewards that matter: We pay for performance with competitive total cash compensation that recognizes and rewards your contribution. We provide flexible benefits from day one, and a market leading personal time off policy. We are committed to supporting your overall wellness beyond working hours and provide reimbursement for wellness initiatives that fit your lifestyle.
Everyone counts: We believe every employee should have the opportunity to participate and succeed. Through leadership by our Chief Inclusion and Diversity Officer, we are committed to a workplace culture of respect, inclusion, and diversity. We recognize and celebrate the valuable differences among each of us, including race, religious beliefs, physical or mental disabilities, age, place of origin, marital status, family status, gender or gender identity and sexual orientation. If you require accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us .
Flexibility: All BDO personnel are expected to spend some of their time working in the office, at the client site, and virtually unless accommodations or alternative work arrangements are in place.
Our model is a blended approach designed to support the flexible needs of our people, the firm and our clients. It's about creating work experiences that meet everyone's needs and providing flexibility to adjust when, where and how we work to meet the expectations of our role.
Ready to make your mark at BDO? Click "Apply now" to send your up-to-date resume to one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists.
To explore other opportunities at BDO, check out our careers page .