Job SummaryChange the bank by designing, developing, testing, deploying, and supporting applications that reduce infrastrcuture and application outages and business impact, reduce toil for operational teams while improving efficiency, correctness and time to market, build rest APIs and orchestration tools, integrate with multiple infrastructure management platforms.
What is the opportunity?
RBC has made major investments in technology across the firm and seeks to become a world class model for innovation, security, and resiliency in the financial industry. RBC's ability to pivot in the face of recent global challenges demonstrates these investments were well timed and puts RBC in a position to build on their momentum. The Infrastructure Development - Network team seeks to continue its work bringing the bank to the front line of innovation by automating processes that ensure best practices and minimize outages. You will help realize a grand vision where the network is virtually immune to the myriad threats facing a large enterprise - especially one that has been operating for more than 150 years.
What will you do?
- Change the bank by designing, developing, testing, deploying, and supporting applications that reduce outages and business impact
- Build APIs to automate the prompt, reliable, and safe fulfillment of infrastructure change requests from application teams
- Build multi-domain orchestration tools to help resolve outages using tested and proven procedures
- Build tools to report on technical, compliance, security, and other data sets
- Work with other teams globally to collect and share data. Make strategic alliances to ensure our success
- Build chatbots and collaboration applications to help L1 teams resolve problems faster
- Build tools that validate and improve network inventory data quality
- Build tools that assist in improving the hygiene of on-device configuration and meta data
- Analyze, debug and resolve production issues
- Solve complex technical problems within and between various technology stacks
- Work closely with our partners to understand their requirements and provide technical solutions
What do you need to succeed?
- A solid understanding of REST API technology standards with demonstrated competency in consuming third-party APIs and the ability to conceptualize the design of a new API
- Professional experience in and a firm grasp of relational database design
- Strong experience with MySQL and MSSQL databases. Experience writing complex SQL queries
- Experience with Source Management Tools such as Git / GitHub
- A desire to take ownership of the product and deliver your best work
- Working knowledge of design patterns, workflows, data structures, and algorithms
- Strong communication skills. Comfortable speaking up and sharing ideas
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience performing Linux System Administrator activities, including installing Linux for personal projects
- Experience with DNS and Load Balancing technologies and concepts
- Networking background and understanding of various networking technologies
- Real world practical experience with Machine Learning and/or AI
- Experience writing and optimizing multi-threaded applications. An understanding of race conditions and thread safety
- Strong organizational skills leveraging tools like Jira and Confluence to manage documentation and several activities simultaneously.
- Ability to pick up and adapt to new technologies/skills and business knowledge in short time frames.
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
Job Skills Active Learning, Application Integrations, Detail-Oriented, F5 Load Balancing, GitHub, Java, Java Multithreading, JSON, Linux Server Administration, Machine Learning, MySQL Database Design, MySQL Database Development, PHP (Programming Language), Problem Solving, Programming Languages, RESTful APIs, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), User Interfaces (UI)
Additional Job Details
Address:330 FRONT ST W:TORONTO
Employment Type:Full time
Platform:Technology and Operations
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at jobs.rbc.com.