Job ID: 42233
Job Category: Human Resources
Division & Section: People & Equity, Talent Acquisition
Work Location: METRO HALL, 55 John Street (Hybrid)
Job Type & Duration: Full-time, Temporary Vacancy, 12 months
Salary: $58,381.00 - $69,525.00 TX5142 and Wage Grade 3.5
Shift Information: 35 hours per week
Number of Positions Open: 1
Posting Period: 20-OCT-2023 to 27-OCT-2023
We are seeking a dynamic and results-oriented HR Representative to join our Talent Acquisition (TA) team within the People & Equity (P&E) Division. In this position, you will play a pivotal role in supporting the end-to-end Talent Acquisitions process including attracting, sourcing, and onboarding exceptional individuals who will contribute to our organization's success.
What will you do?
- Assists Consultants with candidate sourcing by utilizing different methods such as job boards, on-line resume databases, and social networking sites to establish talent pools for niche and hard-to-fill roles.
- Provides candidate screening support.
- Creates, updates, maintains and leverages electronic and manual filing systems including the City's applicant tracking system to support staffing and recruitment activity.
- Assists Consultants with diversity outreach initiatives by sourcing diverse candidates and creating talent pools for greater diversity in the workforce.
- Updates content on the P&E website, social media advertising pages and the internal business systems including SuccessFactors/SAP.
- Supports end-to-end recruitment processes by arranging and scheduling interviews and onboarding.
- Support client and applicant training sessions including preparing training materials, scheduling sessions, preparing communications, managing participant registration, and assisting with workshop exercises and onsite logistics.
- Provides overarching administrative assistance on multiple job searches which includes preparing applicant lists, managing candidate correspondence and administering assessments.
- Responsible for all scheduling activities between clients, TA Consultants and candidates including interviews, assessments, follow-up meetings, training sessions and other events.
- Prepares and/or processes confidential information, records, reports, forms, presentations, guides and correspondence.
- Coordinates and/or responds to inquiries from all levels of staff including job applicants and clients (hiring managers).
- Demonstrates commitment to diversity, human rights, accessibility and equity. Works equitably with persons of all races, nationalities, cultures, ages, abilities, genders, creeds, and sexual orientation and enables them to maximize their potential and contributions.
What do you bring to the role?
- Desire to learn with a goal to further your career in Talent Acquisition
- Considerable experience providing administrative support in a demanding Talent Acquisition environment
- Experience with the development of job offer letters
- Experience sourcing candidates and using social media, resume databases and professional networks to attract talent
- An ability to create a positive experience for candidates throughout the job competition process
- Ability to work with Senior leaders in an organization which requires a strong level of flexibility and adaptability in managing new and time-sensitive tasks,
- Able to take on a variety of new or ever-changing tasks that may not always be repetitive, or not always have a clear path to completion.
- Experience assisting with diversity recruitment initiatives
- Ability to exercise discretion and good judgment in handling confidential information.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel), HRIS systems such as SAP, SuccessFactors, etc., and virtual meeting and scheduling software such as WebEx.
- Ability to apply policies, guidelines, legislation, and collective agreements with knowledge of employment-related legislation, i.e., Employment Standards Act, Ontario Human Rights Code, Collective Agreements, Occupational Health & Safety Act, Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, etc.
Note To Current City of Toronto Employees
City of Toronto employees are eligible to apply for the posted job opportunity, but cannot hold two different jobs. To be considered for this job posting, you must indicate that you are a "Current City of Toronto employee" on the on-line application form, and provide your "Employee Number".
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City's commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City's Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.