One of our clients is an independently owned and operated Life Insurance and Investment Brokerage. Proud to be in the city of Kingston and fortunate to offer products and services from major Life Insurance and Investment carriers across Canada. Clients benefit from a spectrum of products to serve their individual financial needs.
The Office Administrator provides the sole confidential, administrative support to our client. The incumbent acts as a liaison between clients, insurers and financial services providers, and the President / Associates and must continually demonstrate excellent time management and problem-solving abilities, as well as a high level of professionalism, customer service skills and commitment to task.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as the primary point of office contact to screen calls, email and messages.
- Conduct company and client follow-ups by telephone, e-mail, or fax
- Send/receive, retrieve, sort, distribute & file mail, courier and incoming/outgoing email
- Complete client address, email and telephone updates
- Complete electronic fund transfers and updates to client banking information/pre-authorized debit changes
- Order supplies
- Download, upload and submission of forms
- Track and schedule Know Your Client (KYC) updates, investment suitability client service reviews
- Schedule follow up appointments / reviews
- Create, maintain and organize client files/folders for the office and prepare contracts for mail delivery or electronic transmission to clients
- Assist with enrolling clients on portals/e-delivery systems
- Cross check insurance and investment clients
- Maintain and organize calendar, schedule appointments and calls
- Manage and monitor pending client tasks
- Prepare forms and required paperwork for submission to vendors
- Track compensation
- Assist with special projects, research and administrative improvements
- Provide meeting support which may include preparation of materials, take minutes and track follow-up actions
1. EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Experience with insurance and financial services required
- Post secondary education in a relevant discipline an asset
- Proven experience of 3 or more years in an administrative position or similar role
2. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Operate computer, telephone, fax, printer, and photocopier
- Demonstrate a superior knowledge of Office 365 and Internet applications
- Demonstrate ability to learn new software
- Communicate effectively and with tact, verbally and in writing
- Demonstrate excellent time management skills, cope with change and work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate a commitment to accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrate ability to read and comprehend complex materials
- Perform with initiative, enthusiasm and an entrepreneurial spirit
3. WORKING CONDITIONS
- Physical conditions: Prolonged sitting, extensive use of keyboard and mouse, intense mental focus, lifting of up to 20 pounds.
- Psychological conditions: Meeting deadlines, overtime (infrequent), frequent interruptions and need to revise priorities, and contact with customers (sometimes under difficult circumstances).
4. POSITION DETAILS
- Full-time; Monday to Friday; 9-5; schedule negotiable
- In-office work
- Statutory holidays paid; paid vacation and sick leave
- Benefit and investment options
Administration, Project management, English, Office 365, Excel, Powerpoint, Database, customer service, CRM, equisoft
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
This role is located in Kingston. The selected candidate will have to work in office full-time. Bilingual is an asset.
À PROPOS DE TEKSYSTEMS:
Nous sommes partenaires dans la transformation. Nous aidons les clients à activer des idées et des solutions afin de profiter d'un nouveau monde d'opportunités. Nous sommes une équipe solide de 80 000 personnes, nous travaillons avec plus de 6 000 clients, dont 80 % faisant partie du Fortune 500, partout en Amérique du Nord, en Europe et en Asie. En tant que chefs de file de l'industrie des services technologiques complets, des services aux talents et des applications du monde réel, nous travaillons avec des leaders progressistes pour favoriser le changement. C'est le pouvoir d'un vrai partenariat. TEKsystems est une société du groupe Allegis.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.