As a Senior Outside Sales Representative, you will be responsible for developing new prospects and interacting with assigned customers to increase sales and margin of the Company's products and/or services. You will participate in customer business planning to understand customer needs. Your primary focus will be face-to-face selling and account management activities to meet sales revenue goals by assessing customer needs and suggesting appropriate products, services and/or solutions and ensure a smooth sales process. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is required. You will engage with all levels of the customer's organization including technical, operations, supply chain and executive management and may develop and deliver sales bids, presentations, proposals and/or product demonstrations.
- Qualifies accounts by determining market potential and provides periodic territory sales forecasts.
- Executes and expands assigned customer account plan(s) which is developed in conjunction with management.
- Executes on billing margin initiatives through value added services, marketing programs, and supplier engagement.
- Prospects potential customers, including cold calling and developing leads through referral channels.
- Communicates with customers and leads to identify and understand their product or service needs; identifies and suggests products and services to meet those needs.
- Demonstrates the functions and utility of products or services to customers based on their needs.
- Ensures customer satisfaction through ongoing communication and relationship management; resolves any issues that may arise post-sale.
- Develops sales/supplier plans to drive account growth and retention while utilizing sales management tools to track and measure progress.
- Develops and grows product knowledge through WESCO and supplier training.
- Develops strong relationships with suppliers, including performing regular joint sales calls.
- Provides quotations directly or in conjunction with sales support team.
- Mentors sales team and communicates relevant information and expectations for optimum customer service.
- High School Degree or Equivalent required
- Bachelor's Degree - Marketing, Sales, Business, Engineering or related field preferred
- Three to five years outside sales experience required
- Four years industry experience preferred
- Ability to travel to current and potential clients and suppliers.
- Ability to work flexible schedule and occasional overnight travel.
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Effective communicator both written and verbally.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills.
- Knowledge of advertising and sales promotion techniques (Preferred).
- Ability to travel
Wesco International, Inc., including its subsidiaries and affiliates ("Wesco") provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law. US applicants only, we are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.