Putting people first, every day
BDO is a firm built on a foundation of positive relationships with our people and our clients. Each day, our professionals provide exceptional service, helping clients with advice and insight they can trust. In turn, we offer an award-winning environment that fosters a people-first culture with a high priority on your personal and professional growth.
Our National Advisory HR Team is looking for a Manager HRBP to join us supporting Technology and own the following responsibilities while working out of any of our offices in Canada:
- Key HR point of contact responsible for advising clients on all aspects of the talent agenda and experience.
- Work with HR Centers of Expertise and Technology Leaders to deliver the BDO talent experience - positioning people for Firm, Professional and Personal Success.
- Build and maintain strong, advisory relationships with Technology Leaders.
- Enables leaders to lead and effectively engage their people
- Advise leaders on all talent related matters including employee relations and engagement, performance, rewards, organizational structure, workforce planning, inclusion and diversity, development, acquisition, policy application, immigration, contractor management and others as required
- Partner with the Centers of Expertise and leads change processes to transform and deliver the BDO Talent Experience
- Work with the HR team to deliver all elements of the National Talent Strategy across the Group
- Work with the Senior Manager to inform and shape the National Talent Strategy
- Participate on / lead national HR projects
How do we define success for your role?
- You demonstrate BDO's core values through all aspect of your work: Integrity, Respect & Collaboration You understand your client
- 's industry, challenges, and opportunities; client describe you as positive, professional, and delivering high quality work
- You identify, recommend, & are focused on effective service delivery to your clients
- You share in an inclusive & engaging work environment that develops, retains & attracts talent
- You actively participate in the adoption of digital tools and strategies to drive an innovative workplace
- You grow your expertise through learning & professional development
Your experience and education
- Experience supporting Talent Strategy in a Technology organization, with a strong understanding of the Technology industry, roles & culture.
- Enjoys having fun doing serious work in a collaborative fast-paced environment while getting things done
- A high focus on advising clients who develops the best possible recommendations and enables leaders
- A curious and proactive problem solver who develops solutions that enable firm, professional and personal success
- Always seeks to improve processes while effectively managing multiple priorities in a complex, matrix environment
- Comfortable facilitating presentations and discussions
- Post-secondary graduate with a degree or diploma within a relevant field combined with a CHRP/L designation completed or in progress Progressive experience as an HR Manager
Our people-first approach to talent has earned us a spot among Canada's Top 100 Employers for 2023 . This recognition is a milestone we're thrilled to add to our collection of awards for both experienced and student talent experiences.
Our firm is committed to providing an environment where you can be successful in the following ways:
We enable you to engage with how we change and evolve, being a key contributor to the success and growth of BDO in Canada.
We help you become a better professional within our services, industries, and markets with extensive opportunities for learning and development.
We support your achievement of personal goals outside of the office and making an impact on your community.
Giving back adds up: Where company meets community. BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives. We support staff with local and national events where you will be given the opportunity to contribute to your community.
Total rewards that matter: We pay for performance with competitive total cash compensation that recognizes and rewards your contribution. We provide flexible benefits from day one, and a market leading personal time off policy. We are committed to supporting your overall wellness beyond working hours and provide reimbursement for wellness initiatives that fit your lifestyle.
Everyone counts: We believe every employee should have the opportunity to participate and succeed. Through leadership by our Chief Inclusion and Diversity Officer, we are committed to a workplace culture of respect, inclusion, and diversity. We recognize and celebrate the valuable differences among each of us, including race, religious beliefs, physical or mental disabilities, age, place of origin, marital status, family status, gender or gender identity and sexual orientation. If you require accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us .
Flexibility: All BDO personnel are expected to spend some of their time working in the office, at the client site, and virtually unless accommodations or alternative work arrangements are in place.
Our model is a blended approach designed to support the flexible needs of our people, the firm and our clients. It's about creating work experiences that meet everyone's needs and providing flexibility to adjust when, where and how we work to meet the expectations of our role.
Ready to make your mark at BDO? Click "Apply now" to send your up-to-date resume to one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists.
To explore other opportunities at BDO, check out our careers page .