Department: Communications & Membership
Position Status: Full Time, Year Round
About Tourism Whistler
We are the official marketing and sales organization for the resort of Whistler, British Columbia - also known as the best place in the world, if you ask us - and we are proud to call this place home. As a not-for-profit, member-based organization, we are the people behind the operations of the Whistler Conference Centre, Whistler Golf Club, Whistler Visitor Centre, and Whistler.com Central Reservations.
We love where we live and we bring that energy and passion to everything we do. We are a team of collaborative, mountain-loving individuals and we show up and achieve great things professionally and personally. Creating a positive and fulfilling experience for our team is high on our list of priorities. And we are proud to be a workplace that requires respect for our people, our partners, and our environment. Because the people make the place, and this place is pretty special.
What We Offer
- Flexible schedule offering work-life balance and time to enjoy the beauty of Whistler!
- Whistler based, with a hybrid approach that balances in-office and remote work
- Wellness program to support recreation in Whistler
- Excellent extended health plan for employees and their eligible dependents
- Fun, collaborative, and supportive team environment Position Summary
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Communications & Membership, this position plays a pivotal role in executing all of Tourism Whistler's corporate communications functions, including member communications, news media relations, issues management, and generating editorial exposure for both the destination and organization.
- Act as a Tourism Whistler ambassador, living our purpose and vision with passion and energy, achievement and respect
- Execute Tourism Whistler's news media relations program, including responding to media inquiries, developing key messaging, coordinating interviews, and acting as a company spokesperson when required
- Facilitate media monitoring and coordinate news media tracking program
- Produce various media communications, including news releases, to help generate editorial exposure for Whistler and the Tourism Whistler organization
- Coordinate various member communications functions, including writing and distributing member newsletters and maintaining the member website
- Support the Senior Manager, Communications & Membership with issues and crisis management responsibilities
- Provide copy writing and editing support to internal departments
- Assist with the production of Tourism Whistler's Annual Report and the coordination of the organization's Annual General Meeting and Election of Directors
- Assist the Member Relations department with planning member meetings and executing various member engagement initiatives
- Represent Tourism Whistler at community and industry events, and deliver presentations as required
- Provide administrative support such as reporting, monitoring the Media and Member Communications Inboxes, and preparing training materials Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Three to five years' experience in a related role
- Post-secondary education in public relations, corporate communications or a related discipline
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Well-organized, detail oriented, and ability to effectively handle multiple demands and priorities
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint; HTML skills an asset
- High level knowledge of Whistler preferred