Contribute to improving mental health in BC communities.
We're the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors (BCACC), and we're here to help families and individuals navigate
through all stages of their life experience.
Founded in 1988, we are a professional association and regulator representing over 7,000 Registered Clinical Counsellors (RCCs) in our province. Every counsellor who receives this designation has met specific education and training criteria and has committed themselves to practice according to an ethical code of conduct and standards of practice.
The BCACC is based in Victoria, the capital of British Columbia. Victoria is a true one-of-a-kind city on the Pacific coast. Surrounded by water and full of adventure, Victoria finds itself nestled between the tranquil waters of the Salish Sea and the mighty rainforests of Vancouver Island.
We're looking for a full-time (35 hours per week) Manager, PR - Communications - Advocacy. This position will report to our Director, Member Services and Strategic Initiatives. The salary is C$80,000.00 per year based on experience.
- Excellent Group Health Benefits (Extended health, Dental, Disability, EFAP, and life insurance)
- RRSP Matching
- Health Spending Account
- Health & Wellness Fund
- Professional development opportunities
- Hybrid or Remote working environment
- Free Parking
- Extra paid days off and 3 weeks' vacation to start
- Staff / Team social events
This position will be primarily responsible for managing internal and external communications, media relations, advertising, advocacy for RCC's, and public access to mental health.
- Minimum 5 years' proven work experience
- Public communication and Media relations expertise
- Experience raising funds from government, advertising, and other sources.
- Conference/Event planning experience an asset
- Not-for-profit experience an asset
- Advocacy experience
- Graphic design skills preferred
- Strong writing skills and superior attention to detail are a MUST.
- Experience with HTML, WordPress, MailChimp and managing databases
- Ability to exercise diplomacy and discretion and to handle highly confidential information
Interested? Please send a copy of your resume and a one-page cover letter.