We are looking for a highly organized, detail oriented, creative and talented individual to work within our Transportation Business Unit as a Technical Proposal Writer. An individual who is interested in leading proposal submissions for Transportation opportunities across Canada. This position would work closely with Dillon's Proposal Specialist/Coordinator teams to create high quality, opportunity specific content for the Transportation Business Unit.
As part of the Transportation Business Unit, you will play a pivotal role in winning new work for the Transportation Business Unit. Working collaboratively with our Technical teams you will be leading the proposal content & writing, development, organization and production of high quality technically sound winning proposals. Your ability to showcase our expertise and capabilities to prospective clients will be key to your success.
At Dillon, we operate as one team. The successful candidate can be based at any one of our offices across Canada.
We offer flexible work hours and hybrid work arrangement options to help balance the competing demands of work and personal life.Responsibilities:
What your day will look like
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including proposal specialists & coordinators, sales, engineering, sub consultants, partners and other subject matter experts, to gather information and insights necessary for proposal development
- Analyze client requirements and RFP (Request for Proposal) documents to understand project scope and objectives
- Lead and facilitate development of the team's strategy to win
- Develop comprehensive and technically accurate proposals that address client needs and align with company capabilities
- Ensure proposals comply with industry standards, client requirements, and best practices
- Responsible for compiling and editing the general proposal content to match the client requirements such as company information, project management approach, rep projects, CVs etc
- Collaborate with the technical teams to create clear, concise, and persuasive technical content that highlights our transportation solutions, methodologies, and value proposition
- Identify and manage the use graphics, charts, and visuals to enhance the visual appeal and comprehension of the proposal
- Tailor proposals to specific client needs and industry trends
- Manage proposal timelines, ensuring that all deadlines are met and high-quality proposals are submitted on time
- Coordinate with team members to gather information and incorporate feedback into proposal drafts
- Work with existing Proposal Support Team to ensure that Dillon's proposal content library is kept up to date and maintained with high quality proposal content
- Quality Assurance:
- Review and edit proposal content for accuracy, consistency, and clarity
- Conduct thorough quality checks to eliminate errors and ensure a polished final product
Research and Continuous Improvement
- Stay updated on industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices related to transportation
- Collaborate with Dillon's Business Development and Sales office to enhance proposal development processes and templates
Learning & Development
- Commit to self-development and ongoing learning and professional development
- Provide input to the career development of junior staff, including technical direction, training recommendations, coaching and mentoring
- Contribute to Dillon's corporate profile through active participation in professional associations and committees Qualifications:
What you will need to succeed
- A minimum of three (3) years of proven experience as a Technical Proposal Writer, preferably in the transportation or logistics industry Experience:
- Strong project management and collaboration skills
- Knowledge of the Canadian transportation market including alternative contract delivery models
- Strong technical aptitude and the ability to grasp complex transportation concepts
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and proposal management software
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and a commitment to producing high-quality work
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work under tight timelines
- Excellent written, verbal and graphic communication skills
Dillon offers competitive salaries, health benefits, flexible work arrangements and a generous retirement savings plan. Our work week is 37.5 hours.
Why choose Dillon
Dillon is powered by people who are technically proficient, passionate about socially important projects, and motivated to deliver superior, tangible results. We strive to remain at the forefront of technology and innovation, and are empowered to continually grow and develop.
We live our core values:
- Reliability: words that result in actions build trust;
- Achievement: do the work to hit the target;
- Continuous development: always learning; always adapting; always growing;
- Creativity: discover new possibilities;
- Courage: do the things that matter, especially when it's hard;
- Inclusiveness: enabling belonging to draw strength from our differences
In addition, we offer:
- Employee share purchase plan
- Dillon is 100% employee owned and share ownership is open to all full-time regular employees
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Generous retirement savings plan
- Student loan repayment assistance with matching employer contributions
- Dillon values its staff and the contributions that are made each day and understands that work arrangements can differ based on personal needs and business needs. We are taking a trust-based approach to o?er a variety of ?exible work options to help balance the competing demands of work and personal life.
- As a knowledge-based business, the organic growth of our knowledge and skills occur through our work performance and roles. The creation and sharing of knowledge allows us to take local knowledge to scale, capture lessons learned through experience, and continuously improve service delivery. The development of self and others is an evident and measured core behaviour within our organization
- We use a composite approach to development including coaching to build the how, mentoring to share lessons, advising to round out perspectives, and co-creation of knowledge through internal learning opportunities
- The ability to anticipate, examine, and adopt new and innovative solutions is a crucial driver for the continual and progressive advancement of our business performance. In our culture, people are empowered to reflect and question current practices and seek forward looking solutions to today's problems and tomorrow's opportunities
- A variety of EFAP tools and online resources to support well-being are available to all employees
- Our employees can take advantage of wellness subsidy that can be put towards expenses for a variety of health and/or wellness related activities such as gym membership, purchase of home fitness equipment, yoga classes and dance classes
Dillon is a proudly Canadian, employee-owned, professional consulting firm specializing in planning, engineering, environmental science and management. We partner with clients to provide committed, collaborative, and inventive solutions to complex, multi-faceted projects. With over 20 offices and more than 1000 employees across Canada, Dillon offers a wide range of services related to building and improving facilities and infrastructure, protecting the environment, and developing communities.
Now operating for over 75 years, we continue to strive for excellence in everything we do. Dillon has been listed as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies for the past 17 years and has the distinction of having achieved Platinum Club member status in this program.
Employment Equity, Diversity & Inclusion at Dillon
Dillon is committed to the principles of employment equity, inclusiveness, and diversity within our organization. We strive to achieve a workplace where opportunities are based on skills and abilities and that respects and values differences.
Inclusion is more than a word to us, it is the way we choose to run our business. Please connect with us if you require accommodation in the interview process. We would love to hear from you!