Väderstad is looking for people who share our passion for farming. Our employees are the most important resource we have in achieving our goals. We provide great career opportunities for the right candidates in a rapidly evolving workplace with locations in ag markets across North America. Väderstad's is an equal opportunity employer, that values and respects diversity in its workforce.
The Marketing Specialist under the direction of the Director of Marketing and Communications for North America, will work with the Marketing team to support all Väderstad related marketing activities and events. This position, with help from the team, will drive promotion of products, programs, and Väderstad's brand through the most effective marketing communication methods and in a customer-oriented manner, as well as supporting the HR team in organizing recruitment campaigns.
Why Work with Us?
- Vaderstad offers a competitive compensation package including competitive salary, health benefits and pension matching.
- 100% of the premiums associated with Health, Dental, Vision and Prescription benefits are paid for by the company.
- We offer 4-day work weeks
- Flexible work environment
- We have an approachable culture that enables you to be the best version of yourself and bring your best ideas forward.
- Implements strategic marketing plans to achieve corporate objectives for products and services.
- Responsible for maintaining all Company social media forums including Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn.
- Assists in updating and implementing internal communication strategies for the Canadian region.
- Research competitive products by identifying and evaluating product characteristics, market share, pricing, and advertising.
- Assists in organizing, coordinating, and managing regional tradeshow and event activity. Monitors the effectiveness of trade shows and analyze opportunities for new tradeshows.
- Monitors market industry news and submits reports on emerging trends, competitive new products, new hires, etc.
- Actively participates in the development and execution of an actionable marketing communications plan with quantifiable lead generation goals which cover all communication initiatives including PR, web, direct mail, advertising, and tradeshows.
- Coordinates the design and production and/or reprinting of print collateral, such as product spec sheets, brochures and direct mail, interactive/electronic marketing media and related.
- Work closely with the Marketing Manager & Specialist in North America to ensure our marketing strategy is executed with excellence.
- Act as a guardian of Väderstad's brand and reputation in the community; ensuring our standards are upheld throughout the organization.
- Develop key marketing assets including, campaign creative, brand and product launches, and product line extensions.
- Support on keeping the websites including social media updated and work with the global sales and marketing departments for recommended content
- Work closely with Sales, Product Development, and Marketing teams to develop strategies for B2B marketing support materials and programs.
- Ensure proper messaging is communicated via presentation and promotion materials; collaborate on developing and deploying pitch ideas.
- Continually pursue opportunities to grow Väderstad's brand awareness, and drive consumer loyalty and product sell-through.
- Execute marketing campaigns via email, digital, and all major social media channels and manage agency and contractor relationships as needed to complete work.
- Interaction with employees, management, and aligned business partners
- Interaction with others under varying circumstances including situations of a highly sensitive nature
- Primarily a typical office working environment
- Shop and field exposure is required during the prototyping and testing phases
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Work is performed in a combination of environments which require the usage of Personal Protective Equipment
- This position may be exposed to elements such as noise, dust, odors, fumes and oils
- Job anxiety, tension and mental stress can occur from time to time in meeting deadlines, confrontation, interruptions, long meetings and responding to general duties
- Lifting or moving up to 50lbs may be required
- Majority time spend in an office setting
- Fast paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Irregular work hours as required
- Ability to travel up to 25% within North America
- Must process a vaild passport for travel or willing to get a valid passport
- University degree and/or College Diploma in marketing, communications or another related field.
- 2 to 3 years of marketing experience
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Comfortable use of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe InDesign. An asset would be familiar with the full Adobe Creative Cloud/Suite
- Knowledge of traditional and digital marketing, content marketing, and social media marketing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Established knowledge of digital marketing tools/practices including social media