Written and spoken competence in English and French is required
November 9, 2023
The incumbent will be part of the Special Care home (SCH) unit and will provide support to the Mobile X-Ray service across the province.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Performs receptionist duties such as answering telephone, greeting visitors, taking and relaying messages; screens callers, identifies problem and forwards to appropriate staff; provides information as required.
- Processes referral requests; enters physicians' orders.
- Admits, transfers, registers, and discharges patients.
- Assembles, disassembles and maintains charts; files reports.
Fleet Maintenance Duties
- Coordinates vehicle fleet maintenance such as repairs, cleaning, and annual inspection.
- Ensures vehicles are assigned to employees; maintains all related vehicle documentation.
Administrative Support Duties
- Creates and types documents such as reports, letters, forms, tables.
- Performs general office duties such as photocopying, faxing, filing, processing mail.
- Maintains the inventory of office, equipment and medical supplies.
- Compiles statistics and produces reports such as admissions, daily visits, discharges, travel, and education.
- Enters payroll information, maintains employee timesheets and arranges for the replacement of short notice absences such as vacation, sick, holidays.
- Verifies codes and submits invoices for payment.
- Maintains petty cash account.
- Schedules meetings; records, types and distributes minutes.
- Arranges travel and submits expense forms.
- Updates policy and procedure manuals.
- Ensures sharp containers are properly secured and forwards to appropriate location.
- Maintains inventory of medical equipment, labels new equipment, and ensures equipment is cleaned and maintained; performs follow-up with suppliers such as Red Cross
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- High school graduation plus an administrative support program of over one year and up to two years, which includes medical terminology/transcription courses;
- Demonstrated proficiency, verified by testing, all of the following areas: Microsoft Applications (Beginner Level)- Word, Excel, Outlook , PowerPoint, Typing, Medical Terminology, Data Entry
- Submit a valid and clean criminal record check;
- Must demonstrate the ability to work efficiently as a member of the team and possess strong interpersonal skills, good judgment and decision making skills;
- Must be able to work all shifts as assigned, maintaining a good attendance record;
- Must have a high regard for confidentiality; and
- Must have excellent work habits and have a professional appearance.
If you are interested in working with a dynamic team of professionals and possess the necessary qualifications, please click the 'Apply Now' button to submit your resume.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
EM/ANB Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.