At EY, you'll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we're counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
At EY, you'll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. As a best-in-class employer, EY is relentlessly committed to living our values and bringing our purpose to life. And we're counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself and a better working world for all.
Authentic and dynamic storytelling is critical to engaging our employees, customers, media and the public at large. We have a lot of stories to tell at EY, and we need your help to tell them. The successful candidate will join a national team of communicators as part of Canada's Brand, Marketing and Communications (BMC) team, developing thoughtful, integrated and forward-thinking communication strategies, approaches and messages that convene our people and the public around common, meaningful narratives.
We're looking for a natural-born communicator who's marketing savvy with a passion for writing, a can-do attitude, curiosity and the confidence to challenge the conventional to deliver better and bolder communications. The candidate will team across the organization to support internal and corporate communications development and execution for a variety of business priorities and senior firm leaders.
If status quo isn't in your vocabulary, you're interested in being challenged, stretching your knowledge of market and industry trends and ready for a fast-paced and collaborative team environment, you've come to the right place.
Your key responsibilities:
- Support business objectives through thoughtful, timely and impactful internal and corporate communications.
- Prepare strategic communications campaigns and materials, including newsletters, daily news stories, leadership messages, website content, speaking/interview notes and executive briefing documents.
- Act as an advisor for internal communication strategies and best practices.
- Liaise with digital and social experts, demand generation teams, translators and internal stakeholders to plan, develop, finalize and distribute communications.
- Proactively and consistently contribute ideas and creativity to brainstorming and planning discussions, as well as team meetings.
- Measure and report on communications results to stakeholders and the wider team.
- Guide junior employees in the development of communication strategies.
Skills and attributes for success
- A strategic and growth mindset focused on initiating new ideas and stories to elevate our communications approach.
- Ability to develop engaging and innovative communications messages with a strong understanding of how best to deliver tactics across different channels, quickly.
- Stellar communication skills, with the ability to understand and communicate complex ideas persuasively and efficiently through digital, social, print and spoken channels.
- Keen attention to detail, editing and proofreading skills, and high standards for timely product delivery, including effectively liaising with senior firm leaders.
- Readiness to work in a fast-paced, complex yet dynamic work environment, and multitask on a variety of projects while operating with a sense of urgency and delivering excellent quality.
- A team-player with a strong desire to learn and collaborate as part of an integrated team, while also being self-driven and independent.
- Understanding of communications measurement tools, tactics and benchmarks.
- Familiarity using communications software, such as content management systems, to post stories that reach broad audiences.
To qualify for the role, you must
- Have post-secondary education in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing communications or a related field.
- 5+ years professional communications experience.
- Have experience planning and supporting strategic communications campaigns.
- Have executive presence, being able to communicate and influence leaders at different levels in the organization.
- Be highly organized and articulate, with impeccable attention to detail and a focus on anticipating stakeholders' needs.
- Be flexible and willing to shift priorities based on the needs of the day.
Ideally you will also have:
- Bilingualism in English and French
- Experience coaching and mentoring junior employees
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
Diversity and Inclusion at EY
Diversity and inclusiveness are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We're committed to fostering an environment where differences are valued, policies and practices are equitable, and our people feel a sense of belonging. We embrace diversity and are committed to combating systemic racism, advocating for the 2SLGBT+ community, promoting our Neurodiversity Centre of Excellence and Accessibility initiatives, and are dedicated to amplifying the voices of Indigenous people (First Nations, Inuit, and Métis) nationally as we strive towards reconciliation. Our diverse experiences, abilities, backgrounds, and perspectives make our people unique and help guide us. Because when people feel free to be their authentic selves at work, they bring their best and are empowered to build a better working world.
EY / Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.