The Municipality of Central Elgin is a progressive, growing urban and rural municipality located on the shores of Lake Erie in the heart of Southwestern Ontario. The Municipality is home to 13,000 living in both an urban and rural environments.
Currently, the municipality is seeking a progressive, eager, and self-motivated individual to be part of the Central Elgin team.
The Communications and Legislative Services Coordinator will play a key role in implementing and supporting both internal and external communications efforts of the Municipality of Central Elgin. Under the direction of the Deputy Clerk, the role within the Municipality, with a goal of enhancing user experience and increasing awareness of the Municipality's services and relevant policies and processes. The role will support the Clerk's Department by attending Council Meetings to assist with video livestreaming, maintaining the Municipality's records management system, managing Municipal lottery licensing, and liaising with Council and senior staff when required.
Some of the major responsibilities include:
- Assist in developing and implementing communications programs that are measurable and help achieve business goals.
- Supports the development of community engagement by planning, coordinating, and delivering communications that contribute to positive relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Plan, create and revise the Municipal marketing tools (websites, social media platforms, annual report, operating and strategic plans, etc
- Administrates technological component of Council and Committee meetings via Zoom/MS Teams
- Supports the Clerk and Deputy Clerk with completion of statutory requirements, when assigned, including but not limited to, licensing and special occasions permits.
Ideally you would have the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary education (College Diploma or University Degree) with a major in communications, media relations, English/ Literature or related program.
- Knowledge of communications best practices, processes, trends, and tools
- In-depth knowledge of principles of writing, including grammar and style, coherence, attention to detail and proofreading abilities.
- Demonstrated experience managing websites using content management systems; familiarity with search engine optimization.
The Salary range for this position is $34.73 - $41.35
We offer OMERS pension, Manulife Benefits, Wellness Benefit. Option to join Alternative Work Arrangement Program, Working from Home Program.
Applications must be received not later than: 4:30 pm Friday November 10, 2023
The Municipality of Central Elgin is an equal opportunity employer. The Municipality of Central Elgin will attempt to provide reasonable accommodation for known disability for an applicant or employee if requested
Personal information is collected pursuant to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only to evaluate the suitability of applicants for employment. Questions respecting the collection of information should be directed to the CAO/Clerk of The Corporation of the Municipality of Central Elgin.