As a Sales Specialist, you will be responsible for managing activities and processes to ensure the Sales organization runs effectively, efficiently and in support of business objectives. You will work with assigned Outside Sales Representatives, Inside Sales and support functions, suppliers, centers of excellence (COE), and Marketing to ensure a steady flow of meaningful sales interactions, resulting in an expansion of outside sales capacity. You will also responsible for driving continuous improvement in the sales process.
- Increases sales process efficiency by working with various internal departments to develop a backlog of selling opportunities for assigned Outside Sales Representatives.
- Schedules sales calls and deploys Field Technical Specialists (i.e. lighting, gear, automation, MRO specialists).
- Debriefs salespeople and technical specialists after customer visits, updating the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database and managing follow-up communication to internal and external customers.
- Manages complex proposal development.
- Co-develops pricing strategy with management and outside sales, and ensures pricing agreements are made, loaded, etc., and are consistent with margin improvement expectations.
- Leads post-sale projects and interacts with Inside Sales, suppliers, COE, and customers to ensure timely and accurate execution of complex projects.
- Participates in regularly scheduled meetings to measure progress of set objectives.
- May be designated as a subject-matter expert (SME) for critical customer(s).
- Assists with distributing workload among inside sales team in larger and/or complex operations.
- 2-3 years experience of inside or outside sales, project, business development or operations management.
- Understanding and research of vertical market conditions, challenges, and directions.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to prospect and market concepts to new and existing customers.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Ability to negotiate inventory strategies and contractual opportunities.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of value of inventory and total cost of ownership.
- Proficient in managing and creating sales analysis, setting goals, developing and driving results-oriented activities.
- Ability to prepare for emerging customer needs.
Wesco International, Inc., including its subsidiaries and affiliates ("Wesco") provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law. US applicants only, we are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.