DSV - Global Transport and Logistics
DSV encourages inclusivity and are committed to diversity in the workplace while welcoming applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. Our goal is to provide an inclusive environment for all to succeed. We work with candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to Human Resources should you require accommodation during the recruitment process.
Location: CAN - Vancouver, Melville St
Job Posting Title: Sales Coordinator
Time Type: Full Time
The Inside Sales is responsible for achieving branch sales growth targets and strategic priorities while driving collaboration within branch; maintaining existing accounts aligned with DSV Sales Process; new targets and prospects by selling DSV Air and Sea products and solutions; ensuring alignment across functional areas (Product, Sales, Operations) throughout all phases of the sales cycle.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides initial introduction to DSV's products & service, Initiate relationships with prospective clients via targeted telemarketing campaigns
- Provide follow up calls to submitted quotations within defined timelines, maintain up-to-date tracking through quotation logbook and Assist Sales team in Account Plan development, Mini or Full (TBD based on the size of the account)
- Generate and qualify leads via various sources i.e., Unassigned Accounts, CRM Prospect Pool, Internal and External requests
- Gather initial information for appropriate lead qualification; communicate findings to Sales Management for account assignment
- Enter all Sales leads into CRM as well as Market Intelligence and follow up appropriately and Verify information in CRM for possible existing clients and historic overview
- Actively participate, follow up and support in defined marketing campaigns as required (i.e., direct mail, trade-lane initiatives etc)
- Ensure business is retained by maintaining and developing relationships and working with operations to improve service levels and develop, grow, and manage an account in accordance with key performance indicators
- Support creation of SOP documentation & updates
- Support new Customer Implementation process including setting up accounts with DSV credit department for new business onboarding and actively support internal communications for new client alert to appropriate Operations teams
- Communicate and escalate client issues or concerns with relevant Manager
Quality, Health & Safety:
- Perform assigned tasks to support DSV meets its objectives and targets regarding quality, health, safety, and environment and follow all requirements as set out in the DSV Quality Health Safety Environment policy.
- Staff are required to ensure that their day-to-day activities embrace sustainability, Health and safety therefore reducing the impact upon the environment, supporting the communities we work in and reducing incidents in the workplace.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent qualification
- 3 -5 Year of industry experience
- Minimum 2 years of customer service experience
- CIFFA certificate, an asset
Skills and Competencies
- Good command, both verbal and written, English skills.
- Ability to create collaborative engagements and active listening
- Service oriented and able to resolve customer grievances
- Strong interpersonal skills, building professional relationships internally and externally
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task, plan, prioritize and manage time effectively to meet goals and achieve results
- Both a team builder and a team-player
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Be authentic, approachable, open, and honest
- Understanding of business principles and language, incl. the fundamentals of finance and profitability
- Business administration competence
- Excellent Sales and negotiation skills
- Act as a role model for DSV values and adhere to the Code of Conduct
Language and Computer Skills
- English is the principal language for this position, additional languages may be required in other locations.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a diverse multicultural environment.
- Microsoft® Office Suite
- Proficient in Customer Relationship Management tools (CRM)
- Prolonged periods sitting and standing at a desk and working on a computer
- Travel optional
- Regular working hours apply for this position, at times, working beyond these hours may be required by business needs.
At DSV, we keep supply chains flowing in a world of change. We provide and manage supply chain solutions for thousands of companies every day - from the small family-run business to the large global corporation. Our reach is global, yet our presence is local and close to our customers. More than 75,000 employees in over 80 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. We aspire to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature's terms.
DSV is a dynamic organization that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals.
Visit dsv.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.