Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what's truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you'll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance- Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world's most significant problems - Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada's Top 100 Employers, Canada's Greenest Employers 2022, Canada's Top Employers for Young People 2022 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2022.
As part of our Engineering & Maintenance group and reporting to the S&C Manager, the Service Operations Manager, Signal & Communication is responsible for supporting the Manager in terms of coordination and management of out of scope projects, coordination of all material procurement and associated logistics, and maintenance and administration of the RailDocs system. This is a full-time permanent management opportunity based out of the Ottawa Area, but that may involve responsibilities in other regions (Chatham Subdivision, Montreal).
Key Responsibilities and Functions
- Participate, under direction of the Manager, in the coordination of work for the signal maintenance and more specifically leading the S&C project group;
- Ensure that the work performed by the S&C project group is in accordance with quality and conformity standards;
- Perform reporting duties as per Manager's request (follow-up, progress or other types of reports);
- Oversee procurement for S&C group: Raildocs inventory system, material repairs coordination, service bulletin follow-up;
- Escalate labour relation or required disciplinary measures to the Manager, participate in the assessment of potential solutions or proper actions to be taken;
- Act as a leader in terms of safety, conduct audits, escalate issues as required, provide training and information on safety practices, procedures or policies;
- Perform safety efficiency testing (audits) to ensure continued compliance of employees to standards and work rules;
- Participate in accident/incident investigations;
- Provide technical support to signal maintainers on an on-call basis;
- Perform complex troubleshooting of recurrent/critical issues.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in signals maintenance and/or installation or solid telecommunications experience;
- Post-Secondary education diploma in a relevant field (ex: electronics, telecommunications, etc.);
- Demonstrated leadership and coordination skills;
- Ability to manage priorities and plan work accordingly;
- Ability to work under pressure and take ownership of escalating issues;
- Valid CROR certification;
- Safety minded work ethic;
- Ability to read and comprehend drawings and specifications;
- Valid driver's license of G classification (Ontario) or 5 (Quebec), or higher;
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 175 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio. Its core areas include rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, a comprehensive software portfolio, turnkey systems as well as related services. With digital products and solutions, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2022, which ended on September 30, 2022, Siemens Mobility posted revenue of €9.7 billion and had around 38,200 employees worldwide. Further information is available at: www.siemens.com/mobility.
In Canada, Siemens Mobility has been providing solutions to the transportation industry for more than 40 years, including railway infrastructure maintenance services on the rail networks in Quebec and Ontario, light rail vehicles in Edmonton and Calgary, trainsets delivered to VIA Rail Canada, new trainsets for Ontario Northland that will bring back Northeastern passenger rail to Ontario that are expected to be delivered in 2026, an order for locomotives for Montreal's exo and the rail electrification and overall system maintenance of the light rail transit network in Kitchener-Waterloo. Our footprint also includes dispatching services operated from Dorval, Québec, to more than 25 railways across Canada covering over 3,400 miles of track.
Today, Siemens Mobility provides customers with full-service capabilities for the entire life cycle of their projects to help evolve our growing cities while supporting Canada's sustainability goals.
To learn more about Siemens Mobility, visit our website at Siemens Mobility / Canada / Siemens Mobility Canada
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s'engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d'être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l'égalité d'accès à l'emploi. Sur demande, Siemens Canada prendra des mesures d'accommodement raisonnables pour les personnes handicapées, dans le but de soutenir la participation des candidats dans tous les aspects du processus de recrutement. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.