SAIT's School for Advanced Digital Technology (SADT) is committed to preparing our students to thrive in the borderless, global economy. We offer an exciting range of media and technology programs built on a foundation of applied, technology-immersed experiences and enhanced with work-integrated learning opportunities.
How do we make this happen? Through a committed school of experts focused on the values of excellence in learning and learners, partnerships and collaboration, and being flexible and forward thinking. SADT is SAIT's boldest transformation to date ? designed with the future in mind and working closer with industry than ever. Join us as we strive to instigate a new world!
SAIT's School for Advanced Digital Technology (SADT) is seeking a temporary full-time Expert-In-Residents and Communications Coordinator. The Expert-In-Residents and Communications Coordinator supports the School for Advanced Digital Technology (SADT) by building and fostering SADT's connections with industry, the local community, and the wider global audience. They contribute to the success of the School by being a champion and promoter of SADT and our Expert-In-Residence program to both internal and external stakeholders, by composing compelling, successful grant proposals, and by being a catalyst in building School culture through the creation of engaging internal communications. This is a forward-facing position with multiple points of contact with industry, faculty, Academic Chairs, internal SAIT stakeholders, and students.
Occasional evening and/or weekend work required.
- Key Responsibilities
- Experts-In-Residence program coordination including travel, meeting, logistics and calendar support
- Act as the primary contact for Expert In Residence program
- Develop and implement communications/marketing strategies to promote the program aimed at both internal and external audiences in collaboration with other SAIT departments
- Collect, analyze, and communicate feedback related to the Experts-in-Residence program and its events to enable continuous improvement
Communications, external and internal
- Develop and implement promotional strategies for SADT events and WIL opportunities, in collaboration with other SAIT partners
- Develop and implement communications/marketing strategies targeting industry to promote SADT
- Develop and implement a strategy for improving departmental communications with the goal of building School culture and improving engagement
- Analyze and report on the effectiveness of strategies for continuous improvement
- Assist with School grant proposals
- Write coherent and persuasive proposals targeting government, industry, and agency stakeholders in support of SADT growth
- Research and identify grant opportunities for SADT leadership team to review
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Required
- Bachelor's degree or diploma
- Minimum of two years of relevant experience in an event/project planning or communications role
- Post-secondary, IT, or media industry experience would be an asset
- Communications, Event Planning, Business
- Strong communication, both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proficient in MS 365
- Proficient in project planning tools
- Strong design skills
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
Job Classification: PROJECT COORDINATOR - P2043
Salary Range: $56,207.00 - $65,500.00
Hours Per Week: 37.5
Position End Date: July 31, 2024
Posting Closing Date: November 5, 2023
A flexible Hybrid work model can be offered for this role in accordance with SAIT guidelines
View a summary of our benefits and perks for salaried employees.
Building on our 100+ year history, we're looking for innovative, bold and collaborative employees who embrace change and deliver world-class customer experiences. Your future starts now at SAIT.
Equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) is essential to achieving SAIT's vision to be a global leader in applied education. We encourage applications from women, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Learn more about EDI at SAIT.
At SAIT, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We're dedicated to adding diverse perspectives to SAIT - so if your experience is close to what we're looking for, please consider applying.
SAIT is committed to supporting persons with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We will work with applicants to provide accommodations upon request to the Talent Advisor.
BEWARE FALSE POSTINGS AND RECRUITING OFFERS
SAIT has been made aware of individuals or organizations posing as SAIT using false postings to attract job seekers and collect personal information. Please be aware that SAIT will never request sensitive personal information beyond what is required for an application.
Career opportunities at SAIT will always be posted on the SAIT career site and we encourage applicants to only apply directly through there. When your application is completed you will receive an email confirmation, if you did not receive one please check your junk mail or try applying through the SAIT career page again.