Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Waterloo, ON, Canada; Toronto, ON, Canada.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience with software development in one or more programming languages, or 1 year of experience with an advanced degree in an industry setting. 2 years of experience with data structures or algorithms in either an academic or industry setting.
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science or related technical fields.
- 2 years of experience with performance, large scale systems data analysis, visualization tools, and/or debugging.
- Experience developing accessible technologies.
- Proficiency in code and system health, diagnosis and resolution, and software test engineering.
ABOUT THE JOB
With your technical expertise you will manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables. You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
The web is what you make of it and our team is helping the world make more of the web. From open-source pros to user-experience extraordinaires, we develop products that help users connect, communicate and collaborate with others. Our consumer products and cloud platforms are giving millions of users at homes, businesses, universities and nonprofits around the world the tools that shape their web experience - and changing the way they think about computing.
- Write product or system development code.
- Participate in, or lead design reviews with peers and stakeholders to decide amongst available technologies.
- Review code developed by other developers and provide feedback to ensure best practices (e.g., style guidelines, checking code in, accuracy, testability, and efficiency).
- Contribute to existing documentation or educational content and adapt content based on product/program updates and user feedback.
- Triage product or system issues and debug/track/resolve by analyzing the sources of issues and the impact on hardware, network, or service operations and quality. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.