Date Posted: 10/27/2023
Req ID: 34644
Faculty/Division: Faculty of Kinesiology & Physl Ed.
Department: Faculty of Kinesiology & Physl Ed
Campus: St. George (Downtown Toronto)
Position Number: 00055618
The University of Toronto's Faculty of Kinesiology and Physical Education is globally recognized for developing and advancing knowledge about the interactions of physical activity and health through outstanding undergraduate and graduate education programs, cutting-edge research and the delivery of sport, recreation and high performance athletic opportunities for students, staff, faculty and community members across the three campuses. In achieving this vision, the Faculty is guided by values of integrity, respect, equity and diversity https://kpe.utoronto.ca/.
Information & Instructional Technology Services delivers a broad range of support to both the academic and co-curricular operations of the Faculty of Kinesiology and Physical Education. Working closely with faculty, students, staff and the broader IT@UofT community we strive to provide timely, high quality and innovative solutions. Our close-knit team values creativity, initiative and teamwork and seeks enthusiastic self-starters with a passion for service and excellence to join our team.
As Digital Media Specialist you will join the AV & Broadcast Team, who provide technical production services for over 100 events per year including sport competitions, academic classes, award ceremonies, research conferences, symposia and VIP events of all sorts. You will need to work with client groups, both internal and external to deliver a customer focused and seamless event experience, from pre-planning through load-in, event day, load-out and post-production along with maintaining KPEs substantial classroom and meeting room AV and broadcast equipment library. You will require not only a knowledge of broadcast and AV technologies but also familiarity with the rules and course of play of multiple sports. This is an exciting and fast paced opportunity where no two events are alike and we are always striving to up our game.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with staff, vendors, and clients to determine event needs.
- Determining technical specifications, performing equipment setup and maintenance for AV and broadcastequipment.
- Providing direction and instruction to camera, replay, audio, and other operators and placement students while responding to cues and requests from clients and floor directors.
- Working with IT staff and clients to support meetings, classes and to maintain and develop meeting room and classroom AV technology.
- Troubleshooting technical issues with broadcast technology, av equipment and general computing equipment (in cooperation with the broader IT technical teams)
- Developing and produce finished documentation and audio-visual materials and work with clients to revise into a finished product.
- Assisting with the planning and rollout of new AV specifications and standards and the installation of related systems as well as the training and support of users on those systems.
- Three Year College Diploma in a related field, Sport Broadcasting, Film & Television, Digital Media, Television/Videography, Cinematography, Digital Content Creation or acceptable combination of equivalent experience.
- Minimum four years of experience in a live event production environment including installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of broadcast equipment including but not limited to cameras, projectors, scoreboards/jumbotrons, video processors, wireless video transmitters and receivers, audio transmitters and receivers, audio mixers, video switchers (tricasters and others), instant replay machines, digital video recorders, audio amplifiers, lighting control equipment and playback/titling software
- Working knowledge of the flow of play of at a minimum Football, Soccer, Ice Hockey, Field Hockey, Volleyball and Basketball.
- In depth experience in operation of video switching and live event technology.
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly and on the job and respond under client and time pressures in situations where senior staff may not be immediately available.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with others on large, multi-stakeholder projects and productions and assemble necessary information in a professional manner to ensure event success.? Demonstrated ability to collaborate with others on large, multi-stakeholder projects and productions and assemble necessary information in a professional manner to ensure event success.
To be successful in this role you will be:
Closing Date: 11/06/2023, 11:59PM ET
Employee Group: USW
Appointment Type: Budget - Continuing
Schedule: Full-Time Frequent coverage of evening and weekend events and athletic events
Pay Scale Group & Hiring Zone:
USW Pay Band 11 - $73,748 with an annual step progression to a maximum of $94,310. Pay scale and job class assignment is subject to determination pursuant to the Job Evaluation/Pay Equity Maintenance Protocol.
Job Category: Information Technology (IT)
Lived Experience Statement
Candidates who are members of Indigenous, Black, racialized and 2SLGBTQ+ communities, persons with disabilities, and other equity deserving groups are encouraged to apply, and their lived experience shall be taken into consideration as applicable to the posted position.