Location: EDMONTON, Alberta, Canada
Job Opened: October 30th, 2023
Education: High School Diploma/GED
Job Number: 2300049S
Job Type: Full-Time
Day in the Life:
The role of an In-Store Marketing Lead is pivotal in the overall Customer Experience, through executing on the Marketing, Visual and Operations strategy. As an In-Store Marketing Lead you will manage and support the selling, non-selling departments which includes all aspects of visual presentation, In Store Marketing and operations within the Hudson's Bay store.
The In-Store Marketing Lead will partner with the Marketing Manager and have specific ownership for a function or department and will assist in providing enhanced leadership presence and improving the overall customer experience.
What You Will Do:
- Accountable for delivering service excellence which drives results and enhances the customer experience
- Support in proper zoning of associates within the department and make adjustments as required based on changing priorities
- Empower and encourage associates to provide solutions for customer inquiries, escalating when necessary
- Provide coaching and training to associates on the team and throughout the store, as needed, to achieve optimal performance
- Actively participate in training programs/initiatives for continuous team and self-development
- Ability to translate Visual & Marketing direction by being creative, and leveraging understanding of current market trends
- Understand Merchandising and Visual Concepts with the ability to translate these expectations to their teams.
- Follow merchandising standards and zone-o-gram integrity when stocking the merchandise onto the sales floor
- Assist with event set-up, shop set-up and seasonal set-up along with other marketing objectives
- Lead Store Operational process and procedures successfully and in collaboration with the store leadership team
- Support leadership coverage nights and weekends as needed and required
- Follow all corporate policies and procedures including Occupational Health and Safety and Asset Protection programs
What You Will Need:
- Understanding of the In-Store Marketing function
- Thrive on taking ownership and accountability to see things through to completion
- Knowledge with Return to Vendor, Transfers, Markdowns, Mark ups, Productivity in regard to receiving of Merchandise and placement
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and balance varying priorities to ensure a positive customer experience
What You Can Expect:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Associate discount up to 40% including top brands
- Flexible work environment that allows for work-life balance
About Hudson's Bay:
As North America's oldest retailer, Hudson's Bay is the top destination for Canadians to realize their best style of life. Our goal, as One Team, is to deliver a frictionless omni experience where stores anchor the customer journey with surprising discoveries, desired services, and localized assortment.
At Hudson's Bay, we share a passion for innovation, building meaningful relationships, and living a colourful life. We empower our associates to unlock their full potential by giving them opportunities to grow and learn every day. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, embrace change, and are looking to make an impact, we want you on our team.
We are a retailer that caters to all Canadians and need a diverse team to ensure our continued success. We strongly believe in the power of diversity, and encourage applications from everyone who is eager to make a difference in the customer's shopping experience. Together, we can rewrite the rules of retail.
Learn more about our commitment to DE&I at HBC Foundation & HBC Heritage.
Our Commitment to Building a Winning Culture:
As One Team we have re-established our internal behaviours and culture to ensure we all succeed. One Team provides the tools needed to shift our ways of working and creates change to become a purpose-driven, digital first business. Our 4 pillars for embracing One Team are: Always be Customer Champions, Performance and Purpose Driven, Keep it Simple & Change Agents.
Interested in Social Media?
Follow us on LinkedIn & Instagram.
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.