Ciena is committed to our people-first philosophy. Our teams enjoy a culture focused on prioritizing a personalized and flexible work environment that empowers an individual's passions, growth, wellbeing and belonging. We're a technology company that leads with our humanity?driving our business priorities alongside meaningful social, community, and societal impact.
Achieve your ideal career at the forefront of innovation with Ciena. We know the importance of life outside of work, which is why our employees enjoy flexible paid time off and the freedom of working remotely. Ciena empowers our teams with competitive salaries and incentives, community volunteer programs, professional development resources, and support for our mental and physical health?all experienced within a diverse and inclusive culture. To put it simply, we're a technology company driven by our humanity.
The Senior Associate, Social Media & Communications is responsible for assisting the development, coordination, and implementation of social media and blogging efforts at Ciena. This person will share in the ownership and active management of our Ciena social media profiles, act as the team lead for our social media listening activities, and actively support our global paid social campaigns.
The Senior Associate, Social Media & Communications will also work closely with other teams within Ciena marketing to provide social media support for specific Ciena solutions and programs, including Ciena Services, PR/comms, events, and webinars.
- Actively lead and expand our social media listening efforts via our social media management platform, engaging with both internal stakeholders and directly with external engagers
- Support our global paid social program, primarily on LinkedIn, via the intake, review, building, and active monitoring of campaigns
- Act as the first level of support for the collection and analysis of our paid LinkedIn campaign metrics and performance
- Work closely with the social media team and our internal stakeholders on communications and reporting around our paid LinkedIn campaigns
- Assist in the social media support of our Ciena Services team to help them achieve their marketing and communications goals
- Lead the social media team's support for the promotion of live events and webinars that Ciena participates in
- Lead the social media team's support for the promotion of Ciena press releases, podcasts, awards, customer stories, and other company announcements, working closely with our PR team
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a field related to marketing or communications
- At least 2 years experience supporting a social media program; B2B experience a plus
- Demonstrated skill with writing and content creation, including short-form copy and copy editing
- Experience with creating, targeting, executing, tracking, and reporting on paid social media campaigns, and especially LinkedIn paid social campaigns, is preferred
- Experience with graphics and video design/creation a plus
This person will be an integral part of the social media team and its rapidly expanding efforts. It is critical that a candidate possess the following attributes:
- The ability to work in a geographically dispersed team across a multi-functional organization
- A self-starter who takes initiative and can advance projects without complete certainty or direction
- An excellent work ethic with a drive to achieve goals and hit deadlines
- Ability to multitask, track projects, and is detail-oriented
- The ability to listen, learn, and positively accept feedback and mentoring
- A team player who consistently engages with positive intent
At Ciena, we are committed to building and fostering an environment in which our employees feel respected, valued, and heard. Ciena values the diversity of its workforce and respects its employees as individuals. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination.
If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, please advise Ciena of any accommodation measures you may require.