CONTRIBUTING TO THE CMPA
The Communications department provides strategic advice, guides overall messaging and positioning, and provides marketing and analytics, creative writing, editing, translation and graphic design services. The department also monitors changes in the physician and healthcare environments, proactively identifies risks and emerging issues and works to ensure that CMPA messages and products reflect and resonate with our members. In addition, the Communications department is integral in driving and supporting change within the Association.
The Bilingual Social Media Strategist is an integral member of the Communications department, bringing expertise in copywriting, coordination and production of social media content, as well as traditional and social media monitoring. Reporting to the Team Lead - Social Media and Marketer, this key role supports the Lead's social media strategies and tactics, developing new content in-line with the CMPA social media style, and assisting in content management. The Bilingual Social Media Strategist serves as a daily support for monitoring the environment, identifies opportunities and risks within social media, and analyzes a wide range of issues of importance to the CMPA. The incumbent provides CMPA's senior leadership with concise and essential information on which to make informed decisions, often within critical timelines. The Bilingual Social Media Strategist develops weekly social media content (tweets, LinkedIn posts, etc.), and coordinates the production and publication of posts. In addition, the incumbent develops daily environmental scanning reports and reports on analytics for all social media channels.
- Develops timely and impactful social media content and contributes to the planning and dissemination of weekly social media and digital content, i.e. monthly e-newsletter;
- Serves as a focal point for researching, collecting and synthesizing data and information on complex issues in the healthcare environment in order to identify and analyze risks, trends, and other factors important to the Association;
- Conducts daily in-depth media monitoring for issues related to the medico-legal, physician and healthcare environments, and delivers a daily news brief and a social media monitoring report, highlighting important topics/issues across all digital channels/properties;
- Works collaboratively with communications colleagues to ensure appropriate look and feel and consistent branding for social media content;
- Develops maintains, and optimizes content for social media channels, including scheduling posts, checking performance of posts, ensuring posts for key dates and special days are produced and published, and identifying opportunities for special promotions.
- Provides key support to the planning and development of new CMPA content including promotion of new articles, monthly e-newsletter content, and timely messaging as needed.
- Regularly reads all key trade publications to stay abreast of healthcare trends and news, and other public relations opportunities;
- Conducts quarterly and annual reporting on CMPA social media activities;
- Other related duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Four-year Bachelor's Degree in a specialized field (e.g. BA in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations or relevant field) or completion of a post-secondary program in a related field, e.g. college certificate, etc;
- 4-6 years of work experience in communications, with an emphasis on monitoring and analyzing the external environment related to healthcare in both traditional and social media;
- 2-4 years of experience with copywriting for digital channels;
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in communications for a healthcare organization, association, or multifaceted large-scale organization;
- Excellent communications skills in English and in French;
- Excellent organizational skills with a high attention to quality, detail and accuracy;
- Experience with evaluating the effectiveness of communications programs;
- Experience using social media platforms for communication and brand promotion;
- Experience working with Office 365, Meltwater or other media monitoring platforms, content management tools, Google Analytics, and related software;
- Knowledge of the national political landscape, and how it relates to healthcare is considered an asset.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent communication skills in both official languages;
- Strong copywriting skills;
- Strong time management, and organization skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills, initiative and good judgement;
- Ability to motivate oneself and exhibit persistence and problem-solving skills to ensure high degree of quality and effectiveness;
- Ability to show initiative and maintain high productivity amidst competing priorities and tight timelines;
- Proven ability to work both independently, and within a team environment;
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technology for the purpose of analysis, reporting, and planning (media monitoring software, Google Analytics);
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of information and prioritize the most relevant stories to inform senior leadership;
- Knowledge of in the Canadian healthcare environment considered an asset.
- Job type: This is a regular full-time opportunity.
- Salary range: $68,000 to $91,000 annually- classified as a level 7.
- Location: Fully Remote Job. You can work from a home-based office on a full-time basis, with occasional on-site presence at the CMPA office (on an as-required basis for departmental or all-staff activities). If you prefer to work in an office setting as your primary workspace, you can choose to work out of the CMPA's office located in Ottawa, Ontario.
- Selected candidates will be required to complete a skills assessment and to provide writing samples.
- Application deadline: November 14, 2023 at 4:00pm EST
The CMPA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to being responsive to those living with disabilities and strives to prevent and remove barriers to accessibility. The CMPA will provide support and accommodation in its recruitment processes to applicants living with disabilities. If you are invited to participate in an interview and/or skills assessment and have accommodation needs, please let us know.
Equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) is a key priority, and we actively strive to build a culture of inclusion where employees can be their authentic selves and are valued for their diverse experiences and perspectives.
We welcome and encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds and a variety of lived experiences to apply.