Position Title : Marketing Manager, Farm (14-month contract)
Department : Marketing
Division: AGI Corporate
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CAN
Listed on the TSX, Ag Growth International Inc. ( AGI ) is a provider of the physical equipment and digital technology solutions required to support global food infrastructure including grain, fertilizer, seed, feed, and food processing systems. With over 4,000 employees worldwide, and facilities and offices in Canada, the United States, Brazil, India, Europe, APAC, Australia and Africa, AGI sells its products globally through a network of wholly owned subsidiaries and third-party dealers and distributors.
An important member of AGI's marketing team, the Marketing Manager will be responsible for implementing AGI's Brand and Product Marketing Strategies. They will be responsible for creating a range of marketing deliverables in a matrix team structure that supports AGI's business objectives and sales and customer success with our valued channel partners (Growers, Retail, Dealers, Commercial Customers, etc.)
The role will report directly to the Marketing Director. This highly visible position will be responsible for providing advertising, collateral materials, experiential and digital marketing while also ensuring consistency in brand architecture, leading external vendors, handling budget control, contributing to media planning and buying and tradeshow management, and be the Marketing Director's partner in overall Farm-side strategy development.
- Manage the design and development of marketing campaigns that allow the organization to realize its business strategy and rapidly scale for future growth.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the assigned AGI products and the relevant targets and personas associated with each. Using this knowledge uncover powerful insights and reasons to buy.
- Build product marketing campaigns that differentiate AGI products through effective messaging, positioning and branding.
- Establish and execute the appropriate advertising, communication and go-to-market plans and tactics, overseeing the creation of all marketing materials, while also seamlessly working in a collaborative matrix team structure that delivers brand design, digital marketing, tradeshows and events in the US or Canada, and when relevant international markets, onboarding and training and monitoring marketing campaign performance.
- Use product knowledge to lead the creation of online, social and collateral content that positions AGI equipment effectively.
- Activate a marketing model that is highly innovative, highly digital, and non-traditional always ensuring that you use the right channels for the right job with the right message.
- Support facility/Product/Region operations and sales success through the development of collateral, trade shows, sales materials and internal training efforts.
- Assist in effort to inform and educate organization/sales team on effective brand messages, talking points and all latest developments in company and industry. Provide tools and develop processes to ensure effective transfer of information.
- Manage vendor relationships and approve deliverables as required as well as coordinate, communicate and manage marketing department approvals and oversight.
- Measure ROI on all marketing projects, fine-tuning approaches as needed to ensure we're investing in the right marketing plans and resources
- A bachelor's degree required, advanced degree preferred (MBA)
- 5+ years' experience in marketing. Preference given to B2B marketing organization experience, agency background, as well as AgTech, precision Ag or general agricultural equipment industry experience.
- Team leader or management experience is a plus
- Must possess an inquisitive and creative mind.
- Excellent writing and communication skills, including copywriting and salesmanship
- Presentation skills and the ability to explain marketing strategies to other teams in the organization
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a passion to understand customer problems and product usage
- Strong grounding in digital / technology marketing approaches
- Must be comfortable working in fast paced, fluid and dynamic growth organizations.
- Must be a sincere collaborator who can ?team' across functions and regions in pursuit of company business goals
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills.
- Proficient using MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams)
- Familiarity with CRMs tools, lead gen management
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.