Cloud Software Developer
HP Print Software Platform and Solution (PSPS) has the charter to create new print technology platforms, deliver ecosystem customer solutions, unlock the power of data, and ultimately deliver product portfolio that delights our customers and add values to our Print Business.
As part of the PSPS team, the successful candidate will be involved in building and delivering common Print platforms, supporting Pivoting the Business Initiatives with the User-Centric Digital Ecosystem (UCDE) by delivering SW Solutions and Components to make every print seamless and effortless - Printing Always Works!
You will be a key member of our ONE TEAM - world class software culture , where we value and celebrate a Growth Mindset, and an agile and empowered mentality. We are always driving to be the best in the industry and make HP a great place for SW engineers.
The successful candidate will apply advanced cloud SW development and deployment knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives. Works on problems of diverse complexity and scope. May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process. Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution. Ability to handle most unique situations. May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
- Work with other data engineers and architects to establish secure and performant data architectures, enhancements, updates, and programming changes for portions and subsystems of data platform, repositories, or models for structured/unstructured data
- Write and execute complete testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of application; identifies and debugs and creates solutions for issues with code and integration into application architecture
- Analyze design and determine coding and integration activities required based on general objectives and knowledge of overall architecture of product or solution
- Work effectively with remote and distributed teams using online collaboration tools
- Must be familiar with agile development approaches for microservice architectures
- Work with supporting teams in HP such as Security, Privacy and Quality to deliver production quality code.
- Promote and drive use of agile and DevOps methodologies and patterns including continuous integration, continuous testing, continuous delivery, etc.
- Follow, promote, and adopt HP's Release and Change Management processes
- Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with architecture, Cloud BE Software Engineer (Java&GoLang).docx
- Security and quality guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk
- Apply proven software development and deployment knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommend appropriate alternatives
Knowledge and Skills:
- 10+ years relevant industry experience
- Strong coding skills in Java/Go, prior C/C++ beneficial
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong coding methodologies, design patterns and best practices
- Possess Test-Driven Development (TDD) mindset as a core principle
- Strong ability to work independently, propose architectural solutions, create prototypes, and deliver necessary technical documentation
- Good at extracting and writing requirements and specifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; proficiency in English and local language
- Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate
- Ability to deliver high-quality results in a fast-paced environment and under pressure
- Passion for quality and attention to detail
- Ability and strong desire to learn
- Ability to provide technical leadership on full-stack design, coding, testing, and delivering
- Ability to work at architectural level
- Ability to lead technical efforts across partner and cross-functional teams
- Ability to lead and expedite troubleshooting and drive issue resolution
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced team members
- Development experience with Java/Go
- Database: MongoDB (including script writing)
- Message brokers: RabbitMQ
- Framework: Springboot (Microservice)
- Versioning: Github
- Web services: RESTful back-end APIs
- Tools: maven, gradle
- IDEs: IntelliJ, VS Code
- CI/CD knowledge: AWS, Azure
- Understanding of AWS services (including SNS/SQS, EKS, Lambda, EC2, IAM, etc.)
- Familiarity with tools including Docker, Terraform, Terragrunt
- Tools: Kubernetes, Terratest, Trivy
- Monitoring and observability: dashboards, alerts, log+trace analysis (esp. Splunk*)
- Technical writing: Documenting tools and processes
- Logging/Monitoring : Splunk, Grafana
- Test coverage: Junit, TestNG, Mockito, Testcontainers
- Other knowledge:Redis, Apigee, , OOP, Log4j, Jira, JSON, XML, Concurrency, Exception handling
- Gherkin Style Methodology Experience
You're out to reimagine and reinvent what's possible?in your career as well as the world around you.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP's commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion - it's just who we are.
From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone is respected and where people can be themselves, while being a part of something bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you can belong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day. When you do that, you're more innovative and that helps grow our bottom line. Come to HP and thrive!