Location: Saint John, NB
Our business is growing and we need to grow our workforce, so we are looking for the right person to help us do that! JDI IT is currently looking for an IT recruiter to join our team.
As the perfect fit for our Team, you believe the most important decision we make is who we hire. You are responsible for providing one point of contact for hiring managers regarding all recruitment and selection needs. You participate in all aspects of the attract and recruit process from need identification to hiring recommendation. You are customer focused, easily building strong relationships with candidates and hiring managers. You use social media and other recruitment channels to build networks and ensure a pipeline of talent is always available.
Connecting the right person with the right opportunity is your passion!
- Work with hiring managers to initiate the recruitment process by creating job openings in the applicant tracking system
- Assist in developing and executing comprehensive recruitment marketing plans
- Build and maintain a network of contacts to ensure a pipeline of talent using online platforms such as LinkedIn and Indeed
- Coordinate and attend job fairs, community events, educational institutions, and other recruitment events
- Actively recruit for current and future needs
- Evaluate applicants using a variety of screening and assessment techniques
- Arrange interviews and testing as required, update applicant records, and ensure the applicant tracking system is up to date at all times
- Work with hiring managers to determine top candidates and make hiring recommendations
- Participate in business improvement initiatives and identify opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our recruitment processes
- Compile recruitment data and prepare reports as required
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources, or related field
- 2+ years' experience sourcing top talent in the IT field using various recruitment channels including social media, resume mining, and networking
- The drive to deliver exceptional results with an ability to prioritize, coordinate, and manage multiple activities
- A track record for bringing forward new and creative solutions to recruiting opportunities and constantly seeking ways to improve the recruitment process
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic and demanding environment while remaining positive and focused
- A keen eye for detail, demonstrating a high sense of urgency in delivering high quality customer service
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written & oral), and presentation skills.
- Experience with social recruiting with various platforms including LinkedIn
Collaborative in nature and possess finely tuned communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills
JDI IT: Who we are and what we offer
The belief that what people experience matters more than technology is part of our foundational core. We also believe that our ability as a team grows exponentially when we share success. These centering values - some of our non-negotiables - guide our decisions and inform how we show up daily. Join a team that aims to simply the path forward and inspire commitment.
With over 350 employees centralized in Saint John, Fredericton, Dieppe and Halifax, we offer the opportunity to create real value by helping people and businesses work smarter. JDI IT supports the entire J.D. Irving Limited group of companies which means we offer opportunities and experiences across a wide breadth of IT areas, businesses and industries. As a member of the JDI IT team, you will be a key player in enabling the business to win by overcoming obstacles and getting it done !
We believe in the power of diverse teams and invest in continuous professional growth. We are seeking naturally curious change makers looking to join a collaborative and motivated team. Come help JDI IT Raise the Bar!
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.