Putting people first, every day
BDO is a firm built on a foundation of positive relationships with our people and our clients. Each day, our professionals provide exceptional service, helping clients with advice and insight they can trust. In turn, we offer an award-winning environment that fosters a people-first culture with a high priority on your personal and professional growth.
Our Waterloo, Guelph, Orangeville and Stratford offices are looking for a 4-month Co-op Student or Intern to join our Office Administration team in January 2024 and own the following responsibilities:
- Welcoming and directing visitors, routing phone calls, processing payments and directing inquiries to proper departments or individuals in a timely and professional manner
- Manage mail and courier requirements for delivery and pickup including maintenance of spreadsheets for tracking purposes
- Providing general administrative support for our administrative team including assisting professional staff
- Proofread financial statements and letters for grammatical, typographical, and formatting errors
- Work independently and follow through on assignments and special projects with minimal direction
- Work with Workday for File and project management
- Other administrative duties as required, including back up reception, mailing/courier and aiding other admin staff
How do we define success for your role?
- You demonstrate BDO's core values through all aspect of your work: Integrity, Respect and Collaboration You understand your client
- 's industry, challenges, and opportunities; clients describe you as positive, professional, and delivering high-quality work
- You identify, recommend, and are focused on effective service delivery to your clients
- You share in an inclusive and engaging work environment that develops, retains & attracts talent
- You actively participate in the adoption of digital tools and strategies to drive an innovative workplace
- You grow your expertise through learning and professional development.
Your experience and education
- You are currently working towards a degree/diploma, focused in administration
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Developed communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport with clients
- Proven ability to be a self-starter and work independently
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanour and positive attitude within the office
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite is considered an asset Prior customer service or administrative experience is also considered to be an asset
Our people-first approach to talent has earned us a spot among Canada's Top 100 Employers for 2023 . This recognition is a milestone we're thrilled to add to our collection of awards for both experienced and student talent experiences.
Our firm is committed to providing an environment where you can be successful in the following ways:
We enable you to engage with how we change and evolve, being a key contributor to the success and growth of BDO in Canada.
We help you become a better professional within our services, industries, and markets with extensive opportunities for learning and development.
We support your achievement of personal goals outside of the office and making an impact on your community.
Giving back adds up: Where company meets community. BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives. We support staff with local and national events where you will be given the opportunity to contribute to your community.
Total rewards that matter: We pay for performance with competitive total cash compensation that recognizes and rewards your contribution. We provide flexible benefits from day one, and a market leading personal time off policy. We are committed to supporting your overall wellness beyond working hours and provide reimbursement for wellness initiatives that fit your lifestyle.
Everyone counts: We believe every employee should have the opportunity to participate and succeed. Through leadership by our Chief Inclusion and Diversity Officer, we are committed to a workplace culture of respect, inclusion, and diversity. We recognize and celebrate the valuable differences among each of us, including race, religious beliefs, physical or mental disabilities, age, place of origin, marital status, family status, gender or gender identity and sexual orientation. If you require accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us .
Flexibility: All BDO personnel are expected to spend some of their time working in the office, at the client site, and virtually unless accommodations or alternative work arrangements are in place.
Our model is a blended approach designed to support the flexible needs of our people, the firm and our clients. It's about creating work experiences that meet everyone's needs and providing flexibility to adjust when, where and how we work to meet the expectations of our role.
Ready to make your mark at BDO? Click "Apply now" to send your up-to-date resume to one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists.
To explore other opportunities at BDO, check out our careers page .