Job Type 2:
For more than 40 years, Calian has been solving the world's most complex problems by pairing the brightest minds with powerful technology. Calian solutions impact the world; from the satellites in space that connect us to the farms that feed us, from the medical professionals who care for us to the governments, schools and companies that make the world better every day.
As an Administrative Assistant, you will be primarily responsible for providing administrative and reception services for Calian's Headquarters. Reporting directly to the Office Manager, the administrative assistant will also support other groups in achieving our vision, mission and values on a daily basis.
- Manage calendaring, expense reporting and coordination of travel arrangements for employees through Calian's designated travel agent
- Oversee multiple email inboxes for process requests
- Greet guests, colleagues and vendors in a professional and friendly manner upon arrival at Calian Headquarters
- Maintain the visitor software, visitor access, employee badges (Kantech) and security passes
- Answer incoming calls or re-directed voicemail inquiries by identifying the caller, routing the call to the appropriate recipient or section, taking detailed messages, and transferring calls as needed
- Book and manage conference/meeting rooms, for internal team members and external guests
- Assist with meetings by placing catering orders as required, and ensuring appropriate set up, clean-up and dismantle of meeting rooms
- Oversee and manage all incoming and outgoing mail and packages
- Ensure that the reception/admin manual is updated and employee directory is current
- Escalate facilities concerns as appropriate
- Minimum 3 years' of professional experience in office administration or reception
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, assess and address tasks and assignments
- Ability to demonstrate good judgement and tact and maintain confidentiality
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365, specifically Outlook, calendaring, PowerPoint and Word
- Demonstrates professionalism
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Bilingualism (English/French) would be an asset
- This position will require you to work on-site at our Ottawa Headquarters office
- This position will require you to obtain a government security clearance at the Reliability level
How we hire
Experience and accommodations
CV and cover letter tips
Why Work for Calian
- No one-size fits all! We give teams freedom of choice in building an ideal work environment.
- Flexible hours, on-site, hybrid, or work from home options depending on the role requirements.
Calian is a publicly traded company that keeps the world moving forward.We inspire confidence in our customers' ability to communicate, innovate, learn, and lead safe and healthy lives.This confidence is achieved through synchronized efforts across our organization to provide our customers with solutions inAdvancedTechnologies, Health, Learning, and IT& Cyber Solutions. This role is part of our corporate team and will work closely with all internal clients who support these business units
Growth and Innovation
Calian is a technology company with an aggressive growth agenda based on our ability to solve significant and complex problems for our customers. In this role, you will be a key member of the Calian.
We put our people first. We encourage employees to advance their Calian career through professional development and corporate career. Calian is an innovative and growing organization?have your ideas heard by pitching to senior leadership through the Calian Idea Contest!
We lead with trust. We reinforce personal responsibility and accountability. Calian fosters collaboration through open communication and promotes an environment of learning and professional growth.
Diversity and Inclusion
Calian fosters an environment that allows employees to maximize their potential, by nurturing a culture where everyone is valued for their differences.
- Robust company-paid benefits for you and your family starting on your first day. Includes health, dental, vision, employee assistance program (EAP), disability and life insurance for our employees and their dependants. Calian covers the cost of benefit premiums!
- Generous time off package that includes paid sick time, volunteer day, family leave days, and paid shutdown period between December 25 and January 1
- A balanced approach to work and life as we understand the importance of your personal lives
- Stock purchase plan with additional contribution from Calian
- RRSP Matching Program
And according to our CEO A freaking awesome team!
Perks and benefits
Flexible work hours
Robust company-paid benefits
Generous time off package
A balanced approach to work and life
Stock purchase plan
Work from home options