Employment type: Undefined term
Full-time/part-time position: Full time
Workplace Type: On-site
Bilingual HR Manager (French/English), Canada - Burlington, ON
At Konecranes, we believe that great customer experience is built on the people behind the Konecranes name - people committed to providing our customers with lifting equipment and services that lift their businesses. Everything we do, we do with passion and drive.
We believe diversity drives business success and is the foundation for our growth. We welcome different backgrounds and skills that enrich our community and we promote a place where we can ALL be ourselves. This is what makes Konecranes a unique place to work.
Title: Human Resources Manager, Canada
Job Level: 9
Salary Review Eligible: Yes
TPP Incentive: Yes, 20%
Remote Work: 1 day/week
Salary Range: $100,000-$145,000 CAD
Reports to: Vice President of Human Resources, Americas
The main purpose of the Human Resources Manager, Canada is to collaborate and lead HR activities in his/her Area and ensure consistency and quality of HR services for Area leaders and managers. The Human Resources Manager, Canada acts as a business partner for the Area business management. S/he is part of the Americas HR Team and reports to the Vice President of Human Resources, Americas.
1. Organization support for Area management
- Collaborates with the HR team to apply and implement the people strategy for the Area together with the Area Management according to the Global (Group) and Region guidance
- Implements the organizational development projects in the Area and ensures Area Management receive required support in people processes and in day to day people topics. In addition, the Human Resources Manager, Canada may be asked to participate and support the Group and Region in such projects
- Supports any acquisition integration and change management activities in the Country/Area
- Supports the implementation of Country/Area business strategies and Country/Area implementation of group people strategy according to the Group and Region guidance or direction
2. Tailors and develops HR programs to local needs
- Partners with the Business Areas, Group and local management to implement HR strategies in the Country/Area.
- Identifies and implements specific development programs if these are required on local level
- Guides the global HR processes and cycles with local management to ensure understanding and completion per the global schedule. This includes processes such as Target Setting & Performance Management, Career Development, Talent Reviews & Succession Planning, Salary Reviews, engagement surveys, etc.
- Assists Area Management in identifying, developing and maintaining the core capabilities of employees in the Area and works with the Vice President of Human Resources, Americas to ensure the same for the Country
- Works with the training organization in supporting and promoting training needed for the Area related to HR topics and competency development
3. Compensation & Benefits
- Responsible for assisting Area Management to understand, decide and communicate pay decisions effectively to employees
- Ensures the Area Management are able to advise local managers and employees in total reward matters
- Guides Area Management related to the various incentive programs and cycles
4. Talent Development
- Assist Area Management in identifying gaps in needed skills for all respective Areas
- Ensure Area Managers completes Konecranes Talent management process and talent mapping
- Facilitate succession planning and career path utilization in the Area
5. Employee Relations & Engagement
- Manage Union relationship, contract, grievances, etc.
- Advocate and support employees through ongoing HR initiatives and strong employee service levels
- Establish & oversee employee engagement initiatives, creating a work environment in which employees are motivated, contributing and happy
- Ensures that Konecranes is in compliance with local employment laws and regulations and company policies - both global and local
- Guides managers through disciplinary processes, conducts investigations and determines appropriate corrective action
6. Diversity & Inclusion
- Champion global diversity & inclusion initiatives and apply local approaches as appropriate
- Partner with Area Management to define and monitor action items to drive improvements in diversity
- Identify ways to enhance inclusion in the workplace
EXPERIENCE: Five years' experience in human resources, with at least 3 years as a HR Manager in a manufacturing or related industry
EDUCATION: University degree in Human Recourses or other corresponding major, or equivalent experience
- Five years' experience in human resources, with at least 3 years as a HR Manager in a manufacturing or related industry
- Strong understanding of Canadian laws related to HR
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and an ethical mindset
- Strong problem-solving, decision making and conflict-resolution skills
- Must have a take charge attitude, be decisive and possess a high level of responsibility.
- Must be comfortable in a fast pace, growth-oriented environment
- Familiarity with HR software
- Occasional travel required (<5%)
- Bilingual in both English and French, highly desired
Apply on our website or send resumes via Isarta - Angela Buchanan
Konecranes, Inc. and its affiliates will not accept resumes from external recruiters or agencies without a Service Agreement and Agency Portal submission. Any resumes sent without a Service Agreement and Agency Portal submission with Konecranes, Inc. are void of any fees and free for internal use. Applicable Konecranes data protection obligations are the responsibility of the agency.
Konecranes is a global leader in material handling solutions, serving a broad range of customers across multiple industries. We consistently set the industry benchmark, from everyday improvements to the breakthroughs at moments that matter most, because we know we can always find a safer, more productive and sustainable way. That's why, with 16 000+ professionals in over 50 countries, we are trusted every day to lift, handle and move what the world needs.
Konecranes is committed to ensuring that all employees and job applicants are treated fairly in an environment which is free from any form of discrimination. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Other Protected Category.