The County of Huron's
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
is seeking a
Temporary Full-time Talent Acquisition Specialist to Join the Team!
The Talent Acquisition Specialist is a key member of the Human Resources team and will work closely with hiring managers, employees, and external talent pools to effectively lead the recruitment process.
The Talent Acquisition Specialist will work in all aspects of the Talent Acquisition process: development and implementation of recruitment plans, employing talent sourcing strategies and resources as well as developing new, creative recruiting ideas. This position is also the lead for Strategic Workforce Planning, Onboarding, Mentorship program and all mandatory training.
What We Offer:
At the County of Huron, we're committed to offering a modern work environment that puts people first. We are a Certified Living Wage employer that values equity, diversity and inclusion. We offer our staff competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package.
The County of Huron offers a diverse portfolio of employment opportunities. When you join our team, you'll have the benefit of working with and learning from, people who have a broad range of skills and knowledge. We offer training, mentorship, and career development opportunities to all staff. When you work for the County of Huron, you invest in the community, and you benefit from seeing the results of your efforts firsthand. It's a great place to work!
Role and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with department directors and managers to create a partnership in the development and implementation of recruitment initiatives.
- Work closely with management to proactively identify current and upcoming staffing needs across nine departments.
- This position educates and advises hiring managers on the recruitment process, timelines, roles, and responsibilities.
- Keeps up to date with current and new HR policies, laws and regulations associated with recruitment.
- Work closely with the Hiring Managers to ensure integration of Equity Diversity and Inclusion principles in all stages of recruitment.
- Prepare and post job postings/advertisements, internally and externally, using various publications, websites, educational facilities, job banks and social media as indicated by each department. Make recommendations for strategic posting for each position.
- Develop and maintain a list of resources/contacts (educational institutions, job boards, associations, etc.) for sourcing qualified candidates. Keep current with new trends that can be utilized.
- Determine the most appropriate and cost-effective mediums/posting boards for advertising opportunities in partnership with the hiring managers.
- Create and maintain interview tools and templates for all positions recruited for. This includes but it is not limited to any prescreen exercises, interview questions, interview schedules and pre-employment testing.
- Develop, maintain, and review a database of interview questions. Provide feedback and suggestions to all hiring managers.
- Maintain and contribute to recruiting presence on the County of Huron's website and Facebook page. This includes keeping accurate records of closing dates, deadlines and extended postings when required.
- Collaborate and consult with hiring managers to implement and improve recruitment strategies to attract high-quality candidates.
- Plan and create a recruitment job fair presentation for any local job fairs, high schools, and community partners.
- Strong sense of urgency, and deadlines and maintain flexibility to meet recruitment needs.
- Proven ability to take initiative and look beyond current role openings and identify a pipeline of talent in tandem with the Attrition Program.
- Maintain an accurate database of up-to-date job descriptions. Review all job descriptions before posting any positions and recommend changes.
- Travel to multiple County sites and support job fairs to promote the County of Huron is required.
- Availability to work flexible hours to meet recruitment needs as required.
Screening and Selection
- The first stage screening of applications evaluating such factors as job experience, education, training, skills, knowledge, and abilities and reviewing the short list of candidates from the hiring managers.
- Work with hiring managers to ensure that candidates' qualifications are met and required documentation is submitted.
- Liaise as a single point of contact for both the hiring managers and applicants, for all positions across the organization.
- Ensure that County policies and Collective Agreements are adhered to as they relate to selection, hiring, vacation and wages.
- Is the lead in coordinating interviews with short-listed candidates with hiring managers. Advises and provides feedback to all hiring managers on their selection of short-listed candidates. Prepares and distributes interview schedules, coordinates any accompanying resources (e.g. rooms, testing equipment, etc.) and maintains constant communication with all candidates.
- Leads the interview process, including facilitation of the interview, providing materials to the interview panel and candidates, providing the candidates with all necessary information related to the job (i.e. salary, benefits, hours, OMERS pension, start date) answering any questions the candidate may have in partnership with the interview panel.
- Conduct reference checks on selected candidates.
- Follows up on police checks.
- Provide reporting and regular status updates to the CAO, Director of Human Resources and the hiring manager as required.
- Maintain communication with candidates throughout the recruitment process including updates in the process, making job offers and regret notifications.
- Lead the offer stages by preparing and sending offer letters to the successful candidates. Providing all candidates with their new hire package and information for their first day and orientation.
- Create, maintain, and distribute the Onboarding Booklet for new employees to the County of Huron.
- Responsible for conducting County Onboarding for all new hires.
- Assign all mandatory training using an e-learning system to all new employees as part of the orientation process.
Payroll Processes and HRIS
- Set up new hires in VIP in a timely manner by the pay period deadline and provide completed new hire payroll packages to payroll.
- Communicate new hire stats and benefit information to the Total Rewards Advisor.
- Responsible for new hire forms to ensure processed with the County's Payroll Administrator.
Strategic Workforce Planning
- Supporting departments in assessing their current talent through discussion with the hiring managers.
- Create and maintain a talent management database for all nine departments to aid in the implementation of succession planning.
- Lead and support all departments in succession planning using the succession planning toolkit and leadership development forms.
- Carry out a proactive approach to building a talent pipeline.
- Establishing a framework to implement the Strategic Workforce Plan for each department.
- Assist in identifying and initiating mentorship opportunities within the County.
- Lead, build and maintain partnerships with the local high schools and implement co-op programs across the County departments.
- As part of succession planning, identify any education or training requirements for high-performing candidates to prepare them for future leadership roles through workforce planning.
- Maintenance and facilitation of the Mentorship Program to include matching mentors and mentees and the evaluation of the program.
- Provides quarterly statistics to Stats Canada on staffing numbers and vacancies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
- Completion of OSSGD and 3-year college diploma in Human Resources Management.
- CHRP (Certified Human Resources Professional) designation is considered an asset.
- Minimum 3 years' demonstrated experience in Human Resources.
- Strong working knowledge of all relevant legislation and applicable regulations including the Employment Standards Act, Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act as well as application of HR best practices.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and HRIS (Human Resources Information System) related software. Working knowledge of WordPress would be an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise tact, discretion, confidentiality and diplomacy at all times.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to confidentiality, organizational skills, high level of detail, demonstrated good judgment, follow-up skills and decision-making.
- Strong organizational skills to effectively set priorities/balance multiple competing responsibilities and demands, respond to managers' needs in a timely manner, and meet recruitment timelines.
- Interest in continuous learning in the field of Human Resources.
- Flexibility in adapting to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Strong team player, with the ability to proactively seek to support other team members.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with internal/external customers.
- Excellent administrative writing and research skills.
- $33.91 - $39.67 per hour; as per the 2023 non-union wage grid
- ability to opt-in to an OMERS pension plan
- Willingness and ability to travel when required.
Please forward your letter of application and resume by 4:30 pm on Monday, November 13, 2023.
We would love to have you join our team! To apply for this position, please ensure that:
- Email subject is 2023 -Talent Acquisition Specialist
- The cover letter is a maximum of one page
- Cover letter and resume are saved together in one PDF file
- The PDF file name is your: First name Last name (e.g. Jane Smith)
We look forward to hearing from you!
Posted - November 1, 2023
Don't meet every single requirement?
Studies have shown that women are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every single qualification. If you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles. At the County of Huron, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace.